News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

$10 is all that Flair earns on my ticket to Van and it was $14 on my ticket to San Francisco. The taxes/fees are 4-5 times what the airline is earning on my ticket. That's tough economics for Flair to manage.
Yes and no. Most airlines earn bulk of their profit on the last few seats they sell on a given flight.

Flair has so many issues. They should have never agreed to share aircraft with Bonza (FYI Bonza are also having massive issues, with this being one of their issues as well). I want both to survive as I live in both Canada (Winnipeg) and regional Australia where Bonza flys and provides massive price relief for flights, but honestly it isn't looking too good for both airlines at the moment. I hope they can sort themselves out soon before it's too late.
This latest issue doesn't seem nearly as serious as having their airplanes taken away.

Lisbon is having massive capacity issues though… Portugal has been having a moment lately. Why not fly into the south and train north? The thing about the Algarve region though, is that, people see it as a beach destination only, but there’s so much to see and do here off season. Winter here, weather wise, is basically the same as a bad week in August in Edmonton lol. it could be marketed as an Iceland type outdoorsy destination with the added bonus of amazing affordable gastronomy. Can you sit on the beach with a caipirinha with your shirt off?…probably not. Can you go for a two hour walk with your feet in the water along rugged cliffs…absolutely. And once you’re done exploring the beaches you can visit castles, vineyards, mountain hikes, Roman and Islamic Ruins, bird sanctuaries, salt farms, orange orchards, thermal baths, carnival celebrations, off-road tours, river cruises, coastal cruises to cliffs and caves, museums, and more! Furthermore, once you’re here, you have quite a selection of quick getaways using the worlds absolute worst airline…Ryanair. Ok. My mini Commercial is now over :)

come on EIA, do a quick 2 year exploitation of the Algarve like you did for Iceland and Nashville!

Lisbon is having massive capacity issues though… Portugal has been having a moment lately. Why not fly into the south and train north? The thing about the Algarve region though, is that, people see it as a beach destination only, but there’s so much to see and do here off season. Winter here, weather wise, is basically the same as a bad week in August in Edmonton lol. it could be marketed as an Iceland type outdoorsy destination with the added bonus of amazing affordable gastronomy. Can you sit on the beach with a caipirinha with your shirt off?…probably not. Can you go for a two hour walk with your feet in the water along rugged cliffs…absolutely. And once you’re done exploring the beaches you can visit castles, vineyards, mountain hikes, Roman and Islamic Ruins, bird sanctuaries, salt farms, orange orchards, thermal baths, carnival celebrations, off-road tours, river cruises, coastal cruises to cliffs and caves, museums, and more! Furthermore, once you’re here, you have quite a selection of quick getaways using the worlds absolute worst airline…Ryanair. Ok. My mini Commercial is now over :)

come on EIA, do a quick 2 year exploitation of the Algarve like you did for Iceland and Nashville!
I love Algarve (and my mom's family is from there), but sadly Portugal in itself is already a hard sell, especially if the airport does not offer too many connections afterwards.
I'd 100% use this flight one a year, tho, if it ever existed

Back