News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

Last edited:
I took Alaska airlines in the past mostly because Westjet did not provide non stop service to the US destination where I was going and I would do so again.

Condor adjusted the seasonal schedule slightly. “Frankfurt – Edmonton 17JUN24 – 06SEP24 2 weekly, new route (Service commences 1 week earlier than planned)”

I was looking for a flight to Europe in early June and according to this schedule update on the attachment above, it says Condor doesn't begin direct flights from YEG until June 17. But going to their website, you can actually book late May direct. I guess they've increased the service?

Last edited:
Great to see the extended season for Condor's Frankfurt service and don't forget it will also be on larger aircraft this summer compared to last. 2024 is shaping up to be a really good year for YEG. It will be the first full year of WestJet's base here. Couple the Frankfurt capacity boost with new service starting to Atlanta, roughly doubling of capacity to Denver on mainline aircraft, more than doubling of capacity on the Seattle + Minneapolis routes, increased capacity on LAX, expansion on a bunch of sun routes, and (wild card) Porter continuing to expand with already announced Edmonton-Montreal service. Things are looking pretty solid.

Last edited:
Saw a piling rig along the road leaving the airport around here (53.3062867, -113.5778413) this morning. Anyone know what they're building? Is that part of the departures/arrivals exterior work?

Was kind of sad to see that United announced some expansion to Canada for their Summer 2024 offerings but nothing for YEG beyond the already announced DEN aircraft up gauging to mainline. This is great but jealous of YWG and YQB getting ORD which is a destination we have discussed a lot here.

Was kind of sad to see that United announced some expansion to Canada for their Summer 2024 offerings but nothing for YEG beyond the already announced DEN aircraft up gauging to mainline. This is great but jealous of YWG and YQB getting ORD which is a destination we have discussed a lot here.

Isn't Edmonton getting a second daily flight to Denver on the upgraded aircraft? That's not too bad.

I understand how you feel though. YWG have been working on getting these flights back for over three years. Also, I have a very loose connection that said United, outside of Chicago and Denver, were looking at up to two more routes for YWG. For me, this could equate to one or more of Newark, Houston, San Francisco or LA. And with recent commentary from WAA stating they are actively seeking to secure more direct flights to YWG from other cities (including Europe), this could be a real possibility; only time will tell. I feel like YWG is entering into some real exciting times ahead.

Last edited:
Maybe this is an overly optimistic take this, but having more flights through YWG means less trying to make a certain larger prairie city the hub for everything in the west.

I also feel it is at least a sign the two airline duopoly, three or four hub model is no longer so solid and perhaps changing for the better.

Maybe this is an overly optimistic take this, but having more flights through YWG means less trying to make a certain larger prairie city the hub for everything in the west.

I also feel it is at least a sign the two airline duopoly, three or four hub model is no longer so solid and perhaps changing for the better.
Hey, anything to chip away at YYC's dominance and stranglehold over flight/hub status on the Prairies is a great thing in my books.

Back