News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

Swoop served San Diego for what....6 months 2 years ago? Frankly, I'm done with Cali and Florida for that matter....who wants to pay Disney prices anymore. Was looking at going for an overnight jaunt to Disneyland next week from Vegas and it would have cost $2000 for park tix, 1 hotel room and gas....wtf?!

There are other reasons to visit California besides theme parks. Los Angeles is a whole city. Regardless, it is a big driver of air traffic for cities like Edmonton, and I know lots of people who trek down to San Diego anyway. There must be a market for it.

The US in general has gotten way more expensive for Canadians since covid. I was in LA recently and gobsmacked by the prices for regular things, especially with the conversion factored in. From what I’ve heard, Las Vegas is also pretty bad.

There are other reasons to visit California besides theme parks. Los Angeles is a whole city. Regardless, it is a big driver of air traffic for cities like Edmonton, and I know lots of people who trek down to San Diego anyway. There must be a market for it.

The US in general has gotten way more expensive for Canadians since covid. I was in LA recently and gobsmacked by the prices for regular things, especially with the conversion factored in. From what I’ve heard, Las Vegas is also pretty bad.
Vegas is absolutely Ridiculous!!!!! But we always plan every meal and jaunt in advance so as NOT to pay $195US for a 40oz Porterhouse at SW Steakhouse at the Wynn........

Edmonton YEG to Vancouver YVR, onwards to Seoul, South Korea 🇰🇷 (ICN) & connecting to Hong Kong 🇭🇰 (HKG ) & then into China 🇨🇳. Plus will be flying on Korean Air✈️ for the 1st time on a Asia trip, from October 21-November 24 2023 .

Last edited:
Edmonton YEG to Vancouver YVR, onwards to Seoul, South Korea 🇰🇷 (ICN) & connecting to Hong Kong 🇭🇰 (HKG ) & then into China 🇨🇳. Plus will be flying on Korean Air✈️ for the 1st time on a Asia trip, from October 21-November 24 2023 .
Sweet. So you are Korean on all the routes or just the flight to Seoul? Who are you flying with for the returns?

Great itinerary.

I've flown with Korean multiple times and have always enjoyed the experience. In fact both airlines from the ROK (Korean Air and Asiana) are excellent at what they do.

Edmonton would do well with a flight to Atlanta (Hartsfield-Jackson) and Chicago (O'Hare). They would be good links to other international destinations, even if they're summer flights.
Good point. A lot of the destinations that are popular with Edmonton visitors in their own right (like L.A., Vegas and Phoenix) are already covered. The value of non-stops to places like Atlanta, Chicago and Houston would be to plug into one of the hubs of a big U.S. carrier, which would give excellent access to further U.S. connections as well as additional options for flights to Latin America and the Caribbean.

1 or two new US business destinations may be imminent...
As this post was July 6th one month ago, what timeline is considered imminent?

Since that post, WestJet released their updated schedule so unless its as separate announcement coming we know its not WestJet and I learned long long long time ago that I just wont assume its Air Canada. AA made their announcements in June, United made some big routes announcements in July for their upcoming schedule, Delta is unlikely given WestJet.

Two interesting bits of information from this article about the upcoming Montego Bay flight on WestJet:
  • There were 22,000 round trips between Edmonton and Montego Bay in 2019
  • It's the second most popular Caribbean destination from Edmonton, after Varadero

As this post was July 6th one month ago, what timeline is considered imminent?

Since that post, WestJet released their updated schedule so unless its as separate announcement coming we know its not WestJet and I learned long long long time ago that I just wont assume its Air Canada. AA made their announcements in June, United made some big routes announcements in July for their upcoming schedule, Delta is unlikely given WestJet.
Flair to Midway or O'Hare?

Edmonton International Airport
16,097 followers

Dozens of plane spotters came out to YEG last week to celebrate a special arrival - Buffalo Airways’ first and only 737 aircraft that will soon offer 5x weekly cargo service between Edmonton and Yellowknife.

Our community’s passion for aviation is inspiring to experience, and brings the magic of flying to life.

This aircraft has been refurbished and upgraded in the UK and is now coming back to Edmonton for final touches before starting this important cargo route, supporting timely delivery of critical goods to Canada’s North, such as food, pharmaceuticals and building materials, reinforcing YEG's position as the Gateway to the North.

Been watching this on the Buffalo feed. They could use a couple of more to replace the less than reliable Electras. If this is a gravel ready unit they could do some of the further north runs.

Been watching this on the Buffalo feed. They could use a couple of more to replace the less than reliable Electras. If this is a gravel ready unit they could do some of the further north runs.
Unfortunately gravel kits were only suitable for the -100 and -200 variants of the 737

Back