News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

On one trip I consciously chose Alaska Airlines, mostly because Westjet did not offer a non stop service to where I wanted to go. It went well and I was happy I did.

We should always remember we do have some choices and the more we support those other airlines, the less we will be taken for granted by some Canadian carriers.

Anyone from UK or have been there will feel a tang of nostalgia
IMG_2341.jpeg

Westjet announces its reductions from YEG to British Columbia Northern winter 2023/24 and adjustments to YYC on those routes.

"WestJet since the weekend of 23JUL23’s schedule update filed various changes to its Northern winter 2023/24 operation. Based on schedule comparison 09JUL23 vs 30JUL23, total number of flights scheduled from various airports in British Columbia (BC), for the period of 29OCT23 and 30MAR24 as follows. Routes with no significant frequency changes are excluded." "Although the list above only highlights service until 30MAR24, the airline’s winter schedule variation is in effect until 27APR24."

Comox – Edmonton Reduce from 165 to 90 flights
Comox – Calgary Reduce from 377 to 300 flights

Kelowna – Edmonton Reduce from 615 to 384 flights
Kelowna – Calgary Increase from 844 to 1009 flights

Nanaimo – Edmonton 2 weekly service scheduled 22DEC23 – 05JAN24, instead of entire winter season
Nanaimo – Calgary Increase from 376 to 408 flights

Vancouver – Edmonton Reduce from 868 to 747 flights
Vancouver – Calgary Increase from 1617 to 1645 flights

Victoria – Edmonton Reduce from 244 to 154 flights
Victoria – Calgary Reduce from 688 to 664 flights

https://www.aeroroutes.com/eng/230731-wsnw23bc

Last edited:
Edmonton - Kelowna got absolutely killed. Indeed the aircraft type comment is fair in terms of seats available still brutal to give up so much frequency. Kelowna -Calgary/Edmonton goes from a 229 flight difference to a whopping 625 flight difference.

Gotta feed the connection beast. Unfortunately for YEG, YLW provides some connecting traffic through here. Wonder if Westjet targeting others a bit on that route particularly with Westjet, Air Canada, Lynx, & Flair all offering the route from YYC.

Edmonton - Kelowna got absolutely killed. Indeed the aircraft type comment is fair in terms of seats available still brutal to give up so much frequency. Kelowna -Calgary/Edmonton goes from a 229 flight difference to a whopping 625 flight difference.
i have flown to Kelowna a number of times on Westjet flights and many times the planes aren't full, so maybe the frequency was too much?

they would often ask passengers to move seats due to weight distribution.

Back