News   Apr 03, 2020
 8K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

Edmonton Companies News & Discussion

These are crazy stats! YYC can have their”Call Center” fintech …..whatever that is supposed to be…..I’ll take our Bio-Hub any day, all day!
IMG_2077.png

Last edited:

Data centres are hungry for power, and Alberta is pitching itself as the place to build​

Province wants to lure investment from Silicon Valley, but is also wary of possible impacts to the power grid

More of Smith's half baked pie in the sky ideas? The Alberta government would have to do something first about our power grid too often being at capacity unless we want even more brownouts or load shedding.

More of Smith's half baked pie in the sky ideas? The Alberta government would have to do something first about our power grid too often being at capacity unless we want even more brownouts or load shedding.
If only there was an entire industry that supplies cheap power that is planning massive expansions. I'm sure Alberta will proactively support that industry so we can have the power needed for these data centers. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately we do not have large hydro electric potential or development like BC, Manitoba or Quebec.

Probably partly why Alberta power rates are higher than some other places, but hey lets try bring in a heavy power consuming industries so we can all pay even more.

I suppose Alberta could buy some of the surplus power from BC from its new dam in northern BC, but I suspect they would not sell us at a really cheap rate.

Just spitballing, but we could build the data centres in the Peace country (I'm looking at you, Falher and Spirit River) and have them powered by dams on the Peace or Smoky Rivers.

The new ATB signage looks a bit on the cheap side compared to last year if you ask me.

View attachment 591715

View attachment 591717

Yeah, it's not good. Also, I wasn't a fan of the small LED strip lighting they had previously along the edges of the building, but the new lighting is barely visible. Maybe it still needs to be adjusted or played around with to get it right.

Back