News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton City Centre Mall (Renovations) | ?m | 2s | LaSalle Investment Management

Rumor has it that a developer with projects adjacent to and within proximity of the old Bay section is looking to partner with the current owner to develop a tower or two on the old Bay section of the mall (they have an investor on board).
I have to say this might be some of the most exciting news for downtown in a long time. This has always been one of those "pipe dream" projects that I think many of us didnt see happening for another decade or two at least. Again, I know this is just a rumour and as such, we can only speculate for now, but this could really do some wonders and make use of a huge, derelict space in the core.

I wonder if this may be because of how dire things are with ECC and they are finally trying to get creative here and get rid of the old Bay space so that they can exclusively focus on ECC?

or... how about this folks...

A large rectangular 3-4 storey addition with serious density, some non-market, some short-term rental with a multi-purpose rooftop rec space ie. mini soccer field/basketball courts, outdoor gym, running track, pickleball courts and the like?

JI1_rndpw8bJZlkX7DCTfbwIR6UF0YgCDGsW1T5pa5w.jpg

or... how about this folks...

A large rectangular 3-4 storey addition with serious density, some non-market, some short-term rental with a multi-purpose rooftop rec space ie. mini soccer field/basketball courts, outdoor gym, running track, pickleball courts and the like?

JI1_rndpw8bJZlkX7DCTfbwIR6UF0YgCDGsW1T5pa5w.jpg

As a downtownish resident, I am definitely down for this. I like the scale of the project and how it would address a lack of amenities.
I think plenty of tall towers will be going up around here including Ice District, 104 street and also 106 street that this site doesn't need to be that as well.

I think Jewels De Oro (sp?) is also done.

I saw T. Kettle packing everything up today. Looks to me like they are gone for good. (There could be something else going on but seems unlikely).
It looked very nice, but fancy tea places around here sure seem to have a lukewarm reception. It seemed to take forever to set up and open and never seemed busy when I went by, so I'm not surprised if they are packing it in.

Back