News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton City Centre Mall (Renovations) | ?m | 2s | LaSalle Investment Management

I think the departure of the Bay really hurt this mall, but on the other hand I am not sure it would have been so great if it had stayed either.

It could have turned into a long slow decline that is just dragging things down like elsewhere.

Rumor has it that a developer with projects adjacent to and within proximity of the old Bay section is looking to partner with the current owner to develop a tower or two on the old Bay section of the mall (they have an investor on board).
Hey! I was just asking about that. Let the record show that it was my idea.

I don't have the figures at hand but like the ICE district tower the height for towers is constrained by existing footings and in-place columns and considering that the design pre-dated the closing of the municipal airport, I suspect that we are looking at 30 storeys max.

I just found the new rendering for this exciting world-class iconic project.
eatoncentre2.jpg

eatoncentre.jpg

Rumor has it that a developer with projects adjacent to and within proximity of the old Bay section is looking to partner with the current owner to develop a tower or two on the old Bay section of the mall (they have an investor on board).

Good news if the rumor is true!

I foresee an extension of the Delta Hotel as part of a mixed-use equation with residential plus that damnable parkade will finally be demolished in favor of underground parking. Not sure what happens with Landmark Cinema though.

Back