News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton City Centre Mall (Renovations) | ?m | 2s | LaSalle Investment Management

Anyone know when this renovation will get going? I assume this will go through development permits and other red tape.

Would be so nice if this started within the next year. So much construction has been going on in this area of downtown- which is a good thing, but when it's stretched out continuously from one project to the next to the next it's not so great for residents, visitors and businesses.

H&M was ' ' that close to moving forward with ECCW where the ATB and the old Urban. That might have changed a few things and some of its direction, but when their rep from MTL or Tor came out they said that Kingsway was 'close enough'.
Yes, I thought it was close. I don't know if this was part of it, but it probably didn't help the same company owned both malls at the time and they had a bigger space they needed to fill in Kingsway.

If I had a dollar for each conversation or meeting I had with someone from Toronto talking about the news from Edmonton was WEM or SEC or Calgary.
on the other hand, if any of us had a dollar for each conversation or meeting you had with someone from edmonton (or calgary for that matter) about pincher creek or oyen or high level or grande cache we'd probably still need to borrow a dollar to buy a cup of coffee. if we expect toronto to make any real difference in edmonton, we better learn to like the status quo. if we're not happy with the status quo, we need to change it from here.

That we do Ken, but it is very clear that the perception of Edmonton by way of decision makers in major centres still continues to lag reality.

Back