Charles Camsell Redevelopment | 39m | 8s | Five Oaks | Dub Architects

Perhaps the slowness is partly a combination of it being a fairly big development for a small developer. I don't know that much about all this, but I believe the sooner you complete things, the sooner you get the money from the sales, so you would think this would be some incentive not to drag it out forever.

Perhaps the slowness is partly a combination of it being a fairly big development for a small developer. I don't know that much about all this, but I believe the sooner you complete things, the sooner you get the money from the sales, so you would think this would be some incentive not to drag it out forever.
I'm pretty sure at this point this is a passion project that Dub really only works on between other projects. His group has owned it since '04, just imagine the sheer cost of security over that time for shooing away trespassers, never mind the incredible amount of remediation they had to do.

D20BE41C-FC0B-42D5-BE3A-9EF7F294BF4B.jpeg

“ChatGPT, please tell me a story about a haunted abandoned hospital named the Charles camsell hospital in Edmonton that got converted into condos and townhomes.”

Once upon a time, there was an abandoned hospital named the Charles Camsell in Edmonton. The hospital had been built in the early 1900s, and for many years it served as a place of healing and hope for the sick and injured. However, as time passed, the hospital fell into disrepair and was eventually shut down.

The hospital sat empty and abandoned for many years, becoming a source of curiosity and fear for the local residents. People whispered of strange noises and ghostly apparitions within its walls. Some even claimed to have seen the spirits of former patients and staff wandering the halls.

Despite the rumors, a developer saw the potential in the old hospital and decided to convert it into condos and townhomes. The developer knew that the hospital had a reputation for being haunted but he thought it could be a unique selling point.

The developer started the renovation process, and during the construction, the workers reported several strange occurrences. They would hear strange noises, see things moving on their own, and even felt like they were being watched. But the developer dismissed it as their imagination and told them to focus on their work.

As the renovation neared completion, the condos and townhomes were put on the market and quickly sold out. The new residents moved in and soon realized that the rumors of the hospital being haunted were true. They reported strange occurrences, such as doors opening and closing on their own, objects moving without explanation, and even ghostly apparitions.

Despite the strange occurrences, the residents of the Charles Camsell condos and townhomes have come to accept and even embrace the ghostly presence. They even formed a ghost tour, inviting people to come and explore the haunted hospital turned condos and townhomes.

To this day, the Charles Camsell condos and townhomes remain one of the most unique and sought-after places to live in Edmonton, with a reputation for being haunted, but also for being a home for those who were once lost souls.

Looks like exterior work has started up again. The steel atrium on the north side is getting its roof. The upper section of the old hospital is getting some cladding. It looks like most of the stud walls are up and just waiting for the next trade in. Looks like they get one thing completed before they bring in the next trade. Plumbers and electrician need to get done. SO at this rate the drywall may be up in a year or so.

Back