News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton and the Hydrogen Economy

I am not an expert in gas transmission but would it be possible to replace the gas in all our gas lines with Hydrogen?

I am not an expert in gas transmission but would it be possible to replace the gas in all our gas lines with Hydrogen?
You would have to change every burner in every water tank and every furnace as the hydrogen does not burn as hot as natural gas. Natural gas is transmitted at a much lower pressure than hydrogen either that or it has to be cryogenic Short answer. No.

Bremner is just the latest that is transforming farm land into rows of single family homes and generic strip malls. It is essentially Sherwood Park Jr.
I like the idea from @TAS to use the hydrogen community in Blatchford instead.
It meets the latest density targets. This is in Edmonton metro. We have to start realizing the municipal boundaries are highly artificial. This is another coup for Edmonton becoming the Canadian and potentially global centre for hydrogen which is incredibly beneficial.

Genghis Khan will be one of the speakers? 😮

Feds announce a $5.6B clean hydrogen tax credit today.

Between a 15% and 40% tax credit based on how clean the hydrogen is.

Also announced a $520 million Investment Tax Credit for CCUS.

Hopefully these are calibrated to benefit Alberta.

Wonder if any more local multi billion $ projects are going to be announced this week at the Conference?! YYC'ers will be creaming their jeans in jealousy! Btw, they are closing off Rice Howard Way tonight 6-9pm for the Conventioneers - multiple food trucks and entertainment will be on hand. DT is gonna be "buzzing" tonight! Wish I was there.....

Back