News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Downtown

If the farmer's market wishes to move back to 104 St then I have no concerns, although the LRT construction on 102 Ave will no doubt be a factor. Or they could move to Centennial Plaza once it's completed.

They should stay with well-thought-out enhancements (not left to the vagaries of Edmonton's City Planning), but if past is prologue nothing good will happen (starting with this inane little survey).

BOMA Edmonton

An opportunity to learn, collaborate, problem-solve and be part of the 2023 Downtown Safety and Vibrancy Summit presented jointly by BOMA Edmonton and the Edmonton Downtown Business Association.

Proudly supported by the City of Edmonton, Qualico Properties and Capital Power.

What to Expect:
Learning together, raising awareness, and being progressive by...
➡ Understanding the current safety concerns, challenges and opportunities in the Edmonton Downtown core
➡ Sharing knowledge and ideas on various resources and initiatives (current and in the works) that various organizations have undertaken
➡ Learning about various initiatives that are planned for Edmonton downtown to increase vibrancy in the core

Collaborating, ideation, problem solving and increasing downtown vibrancy through...
➡ Engaging opportunities to collaborate, problem solve to the challenges raised and explore and develop innovative & practical solutions
➡ Exploring ideas on how to build a vibrant downtown that is inviting to everyone

Learn more/register:

Maybe it's because I'm used to Downtown Edmonton and its mediocre retail offerings, but I never really got how much retail sales are connected to office workers. Restaurants, cafes, food courts, etc? Absolutely get it. But if you're working 9-5 and the mall is only open till 6, you're not exactly spending much time browsing. I get the lack of office workers can be a detriment to a Shoppers relying on people popping in for 15 minutes to grab something, but stores like Holt Renfrew, Nordstrom, and even smaller retailers relied on people spending a hours at a mall (or high street) shopping.

Go to Ste-Catherine or Eaton Centre or Queen West on a Saturday afternoon and it's often pretty busy (or was pre-covid). Even the article itself mentions "retail struggles" but then references restaurants and coffeeshops. If you look in Edmonton, the major retail hubs (Whyte, SEC, WEM, Kingsway, Windermere, Skyview, Manning) are all busiest on Saturdays, despite many of them being in proximity to major employment. The only retail in Edmonton that bucks this trend is Downtown, because City Centre is basically 90% food court traffic these days) and HUB Mall (for obvious reasons).

Edmonton Downtown Farmers Market survey. Lease is up in 2024 — should they stay or should they go?

I wonder how Gene Dub/Five Oaks has been treating the market as a tenant, as I've heard some things about them as a landlord. Hopefully all is well on that front...

I wonder how Gene Dub/Five Oaks has been treating the market as a tenant, as I've heard some things about them as a landlord. Hopefully all is well on that front...

I always thought Gene Dub was an incompetent landlord. I'm a bit concerned how Rigoletto's is faring in the CKUA/Alberta Hotel building.

Back