News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.7K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.8K     0 

Cycling and Active Transportation in Edmonton

The City really should have expropriated that small bump out on Aldritt's land to widen the sidewalk. Even on Marigold's plans it looks like it'll be a tight spot to go through, especially since they plan on planting trees on the sidewalk there. Also that's 142nd

Not sure if this has been posted already, I just found out the city is piloting a new secure bike storage facility downtown this summer! As usual it wasn't well advertised, I only found out because I emailed activetransportation@edmonton.ca asking if there were any plans for this. In their reply they said they would start communications for it soon however. It's only open Saturdays, but I imagine that will be expanded if it's well used.

https://www.edmonton.ca/transportat...ource=virtualaddress&utm_campaign=bikeparking

Here is the facility, it's on 102ave just west of Churchill:

PXL_20240614_051514839.jpg
PXL_20240614_051431198.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted already, I just found out the city is piloting a new secure bike storage facility downtown this summer! As usual it wasn't well advertised, I only found out because I emailed activetransportation@edmonton.ca asking if there were any plans for this. In their reply they said they would start communications for it soon however. It's only open Saturdays, but I imagine that will be expanded if it's well used.

https://www.edmonton.ca/transportat...ource=virtualaddress&utm_campaign=bikeparking

Here is the facility, it's on 102ave just west of Churchill:

View attachment 572440View attachment 572442
This is very exciting to hear! Is it patrolled? How do you access? That area has got to be one of the worst outside of boyle street in terms of loitering and drug use, so I’m definitely not locking up there without great security.

This is very exciting to hear! Is it patrolled? How do you access? That area has got to be one of the worst outside of boyle street in terms of loitering and drug use, so I’m definitely not locking up there without great security.

PSA: RiverHawks games have free secure bike parking monitored by a security guard during games. Great energy and atmosphere down there yesterday. Fun for all ages. 👍

I'm at World Cycling Conference (velo-City 2024) in Belgium.

A question of delegates at the event. I admit I did not say Edmonton and I'm not aware of anyone else from the city that is here. There's 1,600 delegates here.

Guess Edmonton is making an impression

20240618_091333.jpg

Last edited:
I'm at World Cycling Conference (velo-City 2024) in Belgium.

A question of delegates at the event. I admit I did not say Edmonton and I'm not aware of anyone else from the city that is here. There's 1,600 delegates here.

Guess Edmonton is making an impression

View attachment 573531
Pretty amazing. Not even NYC or Montreal on there (who objectively should be if we are haha).

Says a lot about PR and the modern content ecosystem. Janz has done well to connect many of the big name creators to our city’s progress.

1718821871646.png

Back