News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

City of Red Deer Updates

Lethbridge is just a tinge larger than Red Deer (population-wise) and both places are rapidly expanding (as are Grande Prairie, Ft. McMurray, St Albert, Airdrie and Medicine Hat each with 2/3 the people-size of the other two -- not far behind, again, population-wise). Lethbridge "feels" larger what with several mid-rise buildings and a major university. I don't see the hyperloop as a dream-time reach and it would certainly benefit Red Deer. Those who prefer the small city atmosphere could live in RD and commute to either Edmonton or Calgary. Red Deer is also located in close proximity to Sylvan Lake, one of Alberta's more popular lakeside resorts.

You rank it over any restaurant in Edmonton even?
I agree. C&C is good and worth the side trip on the travels south. Biera was another of my favorites until they took the frothy cheese and sourdough bread off the menu. Now that my wife and I have stopped going out as much, it may be time to reevaluate our restaurant list. Plus restart our micro brew hunt of Alberta.

23726430_web1_201222-rda-courthouse-courthouse_2-1200x800.jpg

I still dream of shooting my science fiction script that I designed around Douglas Cardinal buildings in Alberta... Soooo many sexy swooping structures around Central Alberta that most people don't even take the time to look up to enjoy... Including the Red Deer church....

Love the new development in the downtown there! Here's an interesting thought: If a high speed rail/hyperloop station were built in Red Deer it'd probably be just outside of the city on the west side there by the train tracks, and I think that (if the connection is ever built) that it would attract a lot of new development around the station and cause Red Deer to have almost 2 downtowns/hubs of activity. We could even see some high-rise development right outside this station with the easy access to the job market to the North and South being present. What do you guys think?

Love the new development in the downtown there! Here's an interesting thought: If a high speed rail/hyperloop station were built in Red Deer it'd probably be just outside of the city on the west side there by the train tracks, and I think that (if the connection is ever built) that it would attract a lot of new development around the station and cause Red Deer to have almost 2 downtowns/hubs of activity. We could even see some high-rise development right outside this station with the easy access to the job market to the North and South being present. What do you guys think?
I'd love for Red Deer to pick up the pace and grow fast enough to become an actual major city, making the Edmonton-Calgary corridor a more viable region for realistically profitable passenger rail.
Edmonton and Calgary should near 2mi in a couple of decades, if Red Deer area got to half million, that would most certainly make a lot of things viable, including this vision of yours.

Back