News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.1K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.3K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Capital Line LRT

Gerry Wright is the Valley Line OMF. You are thinking of the D.L. MacDonald yard.

The article makes sense. Ellerslie station is the stop that complements the Heritage Valley Park and Ride, because the name Heritage Valley (Towne Centre) is reserved for one of the planned stations of Phase 2 (Ellerslie to 41 Ave). The names are confusing but they're also provisional and will probably change before the extension opens. Technically everything south of Henday is in the Heritage Valley neighbourhood, it's a huge area.

The feds usually don't give out money without matching contributions from the provincial government, it's simply the way they do things. The Province hasn't kicked in money for a flyover across Ellerslie, they've kicked in additional money for an elevated Ellerslie station in anticipation of such.

I've said this before but I'll say it again: It's crazy how we've gone from nothing 10 years ago to four major LRT projects simultaneously on the go now (hopefully reduced to three once Southeast opens). Long overdue but better late than never.

Gerry Wright is the Valley Line OMF. You are thinking of the D.L. MacDonald yard.

The article makes sense. Ellerslie station is the stop that complements the Heritage Valley Park and Ride, because the name Heritage Valley (Towne Centre) is reserved for one of the planned stations of Phase 2. The names are confusing but they're also provisional and will probably change before the extension opens. Technically everything south of Henday is in the Heritage Valley neighbourhood, it's a huge area.

The feds usually don't give out money without matching contributions from the provincial government, it's simply the way they do things. The Province hasn't kicked in money for a flyover across Ellerslie, they've kicked in additional money for an elevated Ellerslie station in anticipation of such.
Ah yes, I got my names mixed up. Thanks for the correction!

Is that the same new LRV facility being planned for the Montrose area?
Nope, the Montrose facility isn't happening (I don't think at least) Now that this extension with the big OMF is moving forward.

Nope, the Montrose facility isn't happening (I don't think at least) Now that this extension with the big OMF is moving forward.
That's correct; the Metro line doesn't need an OMF since this one will be constructed larger in its initial phase than originally planned.

according to Iveson procurement will go out very soon before the election tying the hands of the next city council.
I think the statements "before the election" and "tying the hands of the next city council" are your words not Iveson's.

I think the procurement means that the next city council won't have to spend an extra year hashing out the details.

This is some nice news, given all the flak that transit receives regarding safety. This also serves as proof that we need more transit peace officers instead of powerless security guards.

Back