What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
F1b_rC2agAMqqjs

F1b_rC4aMAAf6H6

Too bad the LRT will cause disruptions the next 4 years here. Might hurt some of the leasing efforts. In 6 years this area will be amazing though.

I've always suspected that this Boardwalk/Revillon construction/rehabilitation work is the main reason why the Valley Line West LRT construction on 102 Ave hasn't happened yet, although I never heard a peep from Marigold about it.

They're applying an air barrier to the brick and painting over that I believe.
Ugh, really? The bricks coming back to life was maybe what I was most excited for with this project. That's very disappointing to hear.

Ugh, really? The bricks coming back to life was maybe what I was most excited for with this project. That's very disappointing to hear.as it's
Once the original glazed layer ,which is very thin, has been removed (whether by sand-blasting or chemical means or even simple exposure to weather over longer periods of time for poorer quality brick) it is virtually impossible to "bring it back to life" as it's become porous and no longer water-tight.

The building has a brick wall structure and so there was a choice -- either retain the interior brick design (for renting aesthetics with existing tenants) or the exterior brick facade. The exterior wall rightfully lost in that gambit. They can improve the insulation through-the-wall numbers (R-value) and at the same time make the wall "breathable" with what is called a rain-screen approach. The design possibilities are potentially exciting -- it will be more complex than just a "paint job"... the overall design solution could be extremely profound... we will have to wait to see what that is.

Back