7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Alberta Politics

Take Back The Future… a satirical pondering:

“Media Release - September 15, 2023

“Premier Danielle Smith announced that Jennifer Johnson, who was recently welcomed back to the UCP caucus, has been promoted to Minister of Diversity. “I am so pleased with the hard work that Ms. Johnson has recently undertaken in this area and convinced she is capable of becoming a beacon of hope for all those in our great province who have been discriminated against in the past, particularly those who were simply exercising their right to remain unvaccinated during our recent dark times.”

“In a related statement, Ms. Johnson announced that she is pleased to appoint the Premier’s good friend - and long standing champion of those most discriminated against Albertans - Artur Pawlowsky as her Assistant Deputy Minister.”

We now return you to ponder the extreme unlikeliness of anything like this taking place once Take Back Alberta controls the full UCP board after this summer’s convention as you decide who to vote for on May 29…

Last edited:
Nope Dani will still be the government leader in June, but the infighting will do a lot of damage at the start. If she doesn't get a clear majority the knives are out. I heard from a long time conservative and riding exec on the weekend that thinks she is done for no mater what. The real battle will be between the Wildrosers and the TBA groups. see who can be more conservative.

Nope Dani will still be the government leader in June, but the infighting will do a lot of damage at the start. If she doesn't get a clear majority the knives are out. I heard from a long time conservative and riding exec on the weekend that thinks she is done for no mater what. The real battle will be between the Wildrosers and the TBA groups. see who can be more conservative.
“The real battle will be between the Wildrosers and the TBA groups. see who can be more conservative.“

That should reason enough not to vote UCP - regardless of who wins that battle Alberta will be the real loser. Neither one of those groups is the successor to traditional PC values and politics.

Alberta seemed to be doing fine when the corporate tax rate was at 12%, and I don’t recall too many businesses flocking here because Kenney cut it to 8%.
Yes, interestingly there was a lot of news about a couple large oil companies moving staff or offices to the US, I believe after the UPC under Kenney cut the rates to 8%.

Going back to the previous point about pitting one group against the other, it probably isn't as much of a problem when taxes are seen as fairer. So having the corporate rate be approximately the same rate (not lower) as what most individuals pay is probably also a sound policy in that regard.

Back