News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Alberta Politics

^Sense of entitlement that they should get the Olympic Games again. Says he is a fiscal conservative but it is okay for other levels of government to go into deficits to pay for his ego.

Janet Brown pollster expecting UCP victory with 52 seats.
Smith's popularity has gone up, Notley's down so now at the same.

Pollster figures NDP ran a poor one-note campaign focused too much on Smith not being trustworthy. Was Notley too nice in the debate?

Hope the numbers are wrong.

Last edited:
Janet Brown pollster expecting UCP victory with 52 seats.
Smith's popularity has gone up, Notley's down so now at the same.

Pollster figures NDP ran a poor one-note campaign focused too much on Smith not being trustworthy. Was Notley too nice in the debate?

Hope the numbers are wrong.

Main issue with the Janet Brown poll is it mentions:

- no gender gap when it comes to vote intentions
- 18-24 is heavily voting UCP.

Both defy demographic trends in the rest of North America and even in Alberta in 2019. Unless something horribly crazy does happen, this poll is really hard to take seriously, and it's unfortunate since Janet Brown is the gold tier for polling in this province.

Both Mainstreet and ThinkHQ have different numbers, and Stephen freaking Carter is casting doubt on the Brown Opinion Poll.

Main issue with the Janet Brown poll is it mentions:

- no gender gap when it comes to vote intentions
- 18-24 is heavily voting UCP.

Both defy demographic trends in the rest of North America and even in Alberta in 2019. Unless something horribly crazy does happen, this poll is really hard to take seriously, and it's unfortunate since Janet Brown is the gold tier for polling in this province.

Both Mainstreet and ThinkHQ have different numbers, and Stephen freaking Carter is casting doubt on the Brown Opinion Poll.

I hope Brown is wrong. Why are her numbers different compared to others? This is what she says:

“I do true random sampling using live telephone interviewers,” she says, “Most other polls are based on online panels which include people who have chosen to join the panel.

“Part of my method is to connect with hard-to-reach people. We’ll attempt to call a phone number five times at different times of the day. We try to get the right balance of landline and cell phone users.”

that was a pretty decent summary in the new york times of where we are and how we got here. i did however, think the ucp photo chosen for the article was interesting:
00canada-alberta-02-articleLarge.jpg

not only is no-one else happy with them, they don't even look very happy with themselves.

hopefully they'll look even unhappier by about 10:00 pm monday and they'll have no-one to blame but themselves and their own ineptitude.

I think political choices mature from the time you're 18. Still, it's a good learning exercise.

Back