News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

2023 Predictions

Ok this is ridiculous - does anyone have ANY info on the next significant ground breaking?!! We're almost into Summer with nothing since Leston's on 114st.
I hope the only reason nothing has been announced is that developers are just waiting for the election results. Otherwise, this is getting depressing and stagnant.

6 months into 2023 and no news into anything major.. hoping we hear some projects get the green light in the coming months
Well there have been some announcements of potential groundbreaking's recently in a few threads (The Clifton, Sedona) to name two.

And in the Miscellaneous thread one of the posters mentioned that they heard some potential big news being announced for two major projects in 2024. Nothing was expanded on because the poster is connected from what I've seen of their posting history.

So stay tuned!

Well. Here we are as year end approaches. How’s everyone’s tallies?

-Valley Line SE was big for those who predicted.
-No one had some of the new Autograph projects on the guesses, but those are exciting.
-I guess the cidex project on whyte has kind of started.
-no other big developments broke ground really, so that’s sad. Hopefully 2024 can see some incentives to get the towers predicted for this year to break ground next. (Shift, Edmonton motors, clancey, etc).
-bike network had some improvements, but 2024 is when most of the 100mil work will get going.

-anything else notable for 2023 that people predicted?

Well. Here we are as year end approaches. How’s everyone’s tallies?

-Valley Line SE was big for those who predicted.
-No one had some of the new Autograph projects on the guesses, but those are exciting.
-I guess the cidex project on whyte has kind of started.
-no other big developments broke ground really, so that’s sad. Hopefully 2024 can see some incentives to get the towers predicted for this year to break ground next. (Shift, Edmonton motors, clancey, etc).
-bike network had some improvements, but 2024 is when most of the 100mil work will get going.

-anything else notable for 2023 that people predicted?
I'm not seeing any huge project coming along except for maybe one in the Industrial sector. and some in the large residential sector. Some schools but most will be done by early next summer. A couple of Projects at McEwan and Uof A.

Stealing from both @IanO and @archited and added my own wish-list plus some non-construction nice-to-haves

- Tower 101
- Clancey 104st/103ave
- Edmonton Motors phase 1
- Sedona
- Army and Navy Whyte is transformed into a mixed-use museum/art space/cafe
- Cidex 80ave/104-5st
- Emerald
- Arlington (finally!)
- Shift Phase 1
- Mikado relocated to State and Main
- Edmonton Innovates Tower
- ECC renovations
- replacement for Holt Renfrew in Manulife Place
- Mixed-use hotel/residential midrise on 109st and 83ave
- SW corner Bellamy Hill/99 Ave
- ICE District Phase 2
- 106th Street south of Shift
- Massey Ferguson site
- 2nd Hat tower in Boyle Street area
- Alldritt mega-tower
- Rossdale Power Plant transformed into mixed-use space
- Warehouse Park under construction
- Valley Line SE LRT finally opens
- Valley Line West LRT is fully under construction from downtown to Webbers Green
- more bike lanes
- Rossdale transportation project moves ahead
- plenty of new start-up businesses, hi-tech firms and hydrogen companies open in the downtown core
- lots more hydrogen projects open in the metro region
- banks reopen in the financial district
- new YEG non-stop international and transborder flights to NYC, Chicago, London, Frankfurt, India and Japan
- Oilers win the Stanley Cup
- Elks win a home game
- successful Heritage Festival in Borden Park
- lots of major concerts at Rogers Place and Commonwealth Stadium
- Rachel Notley returns as the Premier of Alberta
- COE develops surpluses that are more than enough to build the 100 St pedestrian bridge
- Prairie Sky Gondola rises from the dead

I only got 7 items fulfilled.

Back