News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

2023 Predictions

Unless I've missed some rumblings about it as part of some wider Chinatown renewal project (which would be nice) I don't think there's much chance 'Future Station' will be being completed anytime soon. If we're talking about infill stations I think the planned new Coliseum station + 115 Ave. station or a 40 Ave. station are much more likely to move forward first. That said, I don't think either are a current a priority and unfortunately I don't think either will be getting any love in 2023.

And while it'd also be nice, I don't think the NDP will have any interest in investing in a private enterprise like Prairie Link... just isn't the NDP MO. I suspect as well that fiscal restraint will, for better or worse, be a theme of the upcoming election so any HSR talk will likely be off the table, at least as part of the campaign.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but without change, the forward and defensive depth of the Oilers are not there to go much further.

Besides my wishlist, (Which is a wishlist, not my actual predictions), what did you have a problem with?
Lol I have no problem, it's all just jokes. Reading it back I can see it being portrayed as more rude or aggressive than I intended it to be.

I guess you’re right about the oilers currently. Everyone seems to forget that last season they were arguably in a much worst situation yet they switched things around right before the playoffs. When you play 82 games in a season. The season isn’t over at game 32 or game 46 or game 54. The season is over at game 82. Oilers have played 31 games so far. Saying shit like without change the oilers aren’t gonna do good. Well ya no shit but we aren’t halfway through the season even lmao. There’s a ridiculous low chance of the oilers playing the next 51 games and not fixing shit. You want your team to be in a rut at the start of the season so you could fix all the problems and have them ready by the playoffs. If this were march and we are playing this way I’d agree with you. But ffs it’s December. Idk a lot of fans don’t realize players actually listen and give a shit about what the fans are saying. We have some of the most toxic fans in the nhl and ruin players and goalies. Drink a beer or smoke a joint and relax. The oilers will be ready by April. Oilers have almost the same roster that took us to the conference finals last year. We’re plagued with injuries at the moment give the team a break.
I love it when God tells me to drink a beer or smoke a joint. Will definitely do both tonight (this year-end grind has been a b*tch this year)

I totally agree as well. The oilers have always had consistency issues, but it is still very early in the season and I have high hopes. The top players are doing great, has anyone else noticed how amazing Nuge has been playing, IMO under the radar?

My wish list:

-Clancey 104st/103ave
-Edmonton Motors phase 1
-Sedona
-Army and Navy Whyte
-Cidex 80ave/104-5st
-Emerald (as a rental)
-Shift Phase 1
-A revised proposal for North on 106st/103ave
-3 to 4 medium-sized groups taking 15-20k each in the Downtown to provide some momentum and bums in seats
-A new restaurant in the old State and Main given its prominent location and proximity to hotels
-A new off-leash SW Downtown/Grandin to improve livability for that area
-Whatever that project was on 109st and 83ave that took down the church as it is an eyesore
-A REAL focus on cleanliness and upkeep for the Downtown as a whole.
Does anyone have any updates on Cidex in Old Strathcona as well as the Army & Navy project? These two projects getting completed would huge for the area.

After chatting with a few developers, if the city of edmonton does not get themselves sorted out not much will happen. Developers are getting extremely frustrated with the city not having a clear path forward and different departments not working together. Departments like transportation, garbage & design committee.

My 2023 wish list is for the CoE to figure their end out

After chatting with a few developers, if the city of edmonton does not get themselves sorted out not much will happen. Developers are getting extremely frustrated with the city not having a clear path forward and different departments not working together. Departments like transportation, garbage & design committee.

My 2023 wish list is for the CoE to figure their end out
A big item is servicing upgrades - so many developers seem to be caught by surprise when EPCOR provides their assessment of the servicing around a proposed development site and consultants put a price on those upgrades, typically at least $500,000 up to $2 million.

- Neighbourhood Renewal in Boyle Street and McCauley will attract interest in moving to those areas.
New businesses have already been moving in to, which is good to see:
  • Paper Birch Books
  • Violets Shop
  • Culina (opening soon)
Here is to more businesses moving in over this year.

From the column: "Speaking of that upcoming (provincial) election, the big question here is not just who will occupy the legislature, but whether either of the major parties will even make an effort in our city
I always find his columns to be debbie downers on Edmonton. How about using your platform to argue for why Edmonton needs funding and why we expect it. I miss Paula Simons.

Some people feel that if they are negatively critical they are providing a service -- they aren't! It is so easy to be critical -- doesn't require much thought or insight. Positive/constructive criticism is much harder to ideate, but those who live by that standard are the real engines for change.

New businesses have already been moving in to, which is good to see:
  • Paper Birch Books
  • Violets Shop
  • Culina (opening soon)
Here is to more businesses moving in over this year.

Sorry is this happening in McCauley? I hadn't heard about any of these

Back