-Clancey 104st/103ave
-Edmonton Motors phase 1
-Sedona
-Army and Navy Whyte
-Cidex 80ave/104-5st
-Emerald (as a rental)
-Shift Phase 1
-A revised proposal for North on 106st/103ave
-3 to 4 medium-sized groups taking 15-20k each in the Downtown to provide some momentum and bums in seats
-A new restaurant in the old State and Main given its prominent location and proximity to hotels
-A new off-leash SW Downtown/Grandin to improve livability for that area
-Whatever that project was on 109st and 83ave that took down the church as it is an eyesore
-A REAL focus on cleanliness and upkeep for the Downtown as a whole.

^^^^ Ditto my list plus Shift 2nd tower and adjacent tower on 106th Street south of Shift, Massey Ferguson site, 2nd Hat tower in Boyle Street area, Alldritt mega-tower, twin towers north of Jasper and west of Emerald site and old Tegler site. If even half of this total list matured it would be (jump in here Tony-the-Tiger) G-r-r-r-r-eat! for Edmonton.

Stealing from both @IanO and @archited and added my own wish-list plus some non-construction nice-to-haves

- Tower 101
- Clancey 104st/103ave
- Edmonton Motors phase 1
- Sedona
- Army and Navy Whyte is transformed into a mixed-use museum/art space/cafe
- Cidex 80ave/104-5st
- Emerald
- Arlington (finally!)
- Shift Phase 1
- Mikado relocated to State and Main
- Edmonton Innovates Tower
- ECC renovations
- replacement for Holt Renfrew in Manulife Place
- Mixed-use hotel/residential midrise on 109st and 83ave
- SW corner Bellamy Hill/99 Ave
- ICE District Phase 2
- 106th Street south of Shift
- Massey Ferguson site
- 2nd Hat tower in Boyle Street area
- Alldritt mega-tower
- Rossdale Power Plant transformed into mixed-use space
- Warehouse Park under construction
- Valley Line SE LRT finally opens
- Valley Line West LRT is fully under construction from downtown to Webbers Green
- more bike lanes
- Rossdale transportation project moves ahead
- plenty of new start-up businesses, hi-tech firms and hydrogen companies open in the downtown core
- lots more hydrogen projects open in the metro region
- banks reopen in the financial district
- new YEG non-stop international and transborder flights to NYC, Chicago, London, Frankfurt, India and Japan
- Oilers win the Stanley Cup
- Elks win a home game
- successful Heritage Festival in Borden Park
- lots of major concerts at Rogers Place and Commonwealth Stadium
- Rachel Notley returns as the Premier of Alberta
- COE develops surpluses that are more than enough to build the 100 St pedestrian bridge
- Prairie Sky Gondola rises from the dead

I think we'll see a lot of deck chair shuffling as portfolios get realigned to new market conditions

-GWL sells Brewery District Towers site but nothing more happens
-Jameson site gets sold, new developer hits the ground running with similar plans and construction commences by Q4, if not earlier
-Rohit buys the Eric Cormack site from the Alberta Government, propose their first vertical tower project
-Someone else partners with Eagle Builders on another relatively bland but dense development project in the Strathcona area
-Wexford finally figures out their financing issues, proceeds on The Clancey downtown (if any of these happen, please let it be this one)
-Procura moves forward with some sort of plans on their 109th and 100 ave sites south of WSP building

I don't think we will see much announced before the Provincial election. To much uncertainty.

But Just before we may see the new Hospital announcement.

lots of small project will get going because of some federal money being injected. Mostly community and recreation based projects. No major infrastructure projects will get started until the election.

But after.
- Edmonton Motors phase 1
- Army and Navy Whyte is transformed into a mixed-use space/cafe
- Cidex 80ave/104-5st
- Shift Phase 1
- ECC renovations
- renovations begin for Manulife Place
- SW corner Bellamy Hill/99 Ave
- Massey Ferguson site
- Rossdale Power Plant transformed planning will start
- Warehouse Park under construction
- Valley Line SE LRT finally opens
- plenty of new start-up businesses, hi-tech firms and hydrogen companies open in the metro region.
-2 more hydrogen projects open in the metro region
- new YEG non-stop international and transborder flights to NYC, Chicago, London, Frankfurt.
-Logistic companies added to YEG
- Oilers make it 2 rounds
- Elks make the playoffs
- successful Heritage Festival in Borden Park
- lots of major concerts at Rogers Place and Commonwealth Stadium
- Rachel Notley returns as the Premier of Alberta
possible announcement for adding another lane to QE2.

I think I’ll take the middle ground:
- slow growth at YEG, with more connections in Canada, the return of IcelandAir and US connections to San Diego and Houston.
- Notley wins a narrow majority in provincial election.
- Edmonton Elks win their first home game in nearly four years and finish the season 7-11.
- Valley Line LRT opens in July 2023.
- Edmonton growth gives the city better than anticipated budget revenues.
- Edmonton Oilers make Stanley Cup Final, losing to Carolina in six games.

Buildings

-Alldritt Tower announces that they are ready to break ground as well, it will remain 80 stories tall.

Transit

-Valley Line East Finally Opens

-Valley Line West moves much more cohesively/quickly than VLE

-Prairie Link HSR gets approved and funding from Notley. The development will start in 2025.

Transit Wishlist

-Capital Line’s “Ghost Station” gets developed to connect the Museum, Art Gallery, and City Hall to the LRT access.

-An LRT line connecting the Edmonton Garrison to Canada Place gets announced via Highway 28 and 97th Street.

Sports Talk

-Barring significant roster changes, the Oilers are eliminated in round one of the Playoffs.

@NathanielBorody I hope your Oilers prediction is as absurd as the rest of your list.

I'm sorry, but without change, the forward and defensive depth of the Oilers are not there to go much further.

Besides my wishlist, (Which is a wishlist, not my actual predictions), what did you have a problem with?

I guess you’re right about the oilers currently. Everyone seems to forget that last season they were arguably in a much worst situation yet they switched things around right before the playoffs. When you play 82 games in a season. The season isn’t over at game 32 or game 46 or game 54. The season is over at game 82. Oilers have played 31 games so far. Saying shit like without change the oilers aren’t gonna do good. Well ya no shit but we aren’t halfway through the season even lmao. There’s a ridiculous low chance of the oilers playing the next 51 games and not fixing shit. You want your team to be in a rut at the start of the season so you could fix all the problems and have them ready by the playoffs. If this were march and we are playing this way I’d agree with you. But ffs it’s December. Idk a lot of fans don’t realize players actually listen and give a shit about what the fans are saying. We have some of the most toxic fans in the nhl and ruin players and goalies. Drink a beer or smoke a joint and relax. The oilers will be ready by April. Oilers have almost the same roster that took us to the conference finals last year. We’re plagued with injuries at the moment give the team a break.

Back