News   Apr 03, 2020
 8.1K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 9.3K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 3K     0 

10507 to 10539–124 Street NW - Casia Developments - 2 x up to 27 - Proposed

Yeah, developments like these are probably what might properly turn 124 St into another Whyte Ave, especially with a Valley Line stop nearby. More people = more customers, regardless of "neighbourhood character" concerns.

So this guy thinks that what's there right now maintains the "character of the area" and is better for businesses than 2, 25 & 27 storey towers full of people...

I needed a good laugh this morning 😂
I listened to Edmonton AM this morning (best radio show in town imo), and I think the guy actually said that anything above 5 storeys is like a vertical gated community because "it loses the ground integration".

Kind of a baffling comment. Why does he think that apartment-dwellers will be any less inclined to leave their homes than someone living in a detached single family home?
Funny enough, having an underground parkade to navigate has meant that my car only leaves it's stall once a day during the week. If I want to get food somewhere, I just walk along the street now. I haven't driven anywhere for exclusively food sinced I moved into a "gated community".

I've been to almost every restaurant DT, I've bought more groceries than ever before, I will walk to the local Shoppers for toiletries, etc. I've been to 3 movies this year at ECC, none elsewhere.

He's just wrong.

i went to their website and sent a contact form in that was polite and respectful, but expressed a deep care for 124th and a desire to see proposals like this move forward.

I sure hope this guy doesn’t try to stir up opposition.

Back