2.6K     0 

10507 to 10539–124 Street NW - Casia Developments - 2 x up to 27 - Proposed

IanO

Member Bio
Reaction score

Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 5.04.26 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-05 at 5.04.31 PM.png
What’s happening?​

Casia Developments is applying to rezone five adjacent properties on 124 Street and 105 Avenue.
These properties are currently occupied by commercial and residential buildings, with the earliest construction dating back to 1948.

Learn more:

View attachment 538435View attachment 538436What’s happening?​

Casia Developments is applying to rezone five adjacent properties on 124 Street and 105 Avenue.
These properties are currently occupied by commercial and residential buildings, with the earliest construction dating back to 1948.

Learn more:
It's a shame that they're looking into demolishing stuff (and a risk that we might not see it built), considering how many vacant lots we have around there, but if it does get built, it'll be impactful beyond measure for the area

Also, it's actually really frustrating to see how Brewery District-Oliver Square wastes so much prime land on parking lots. I'd sell my soul to the devil to see all of that redeveloped into mixed use buildings, especially with the LRT having 3 stations in that section.

It's a shame that they're looking into demolishing stuff (and a risk that we might not see it built), considering how many vacant lots we have around there, but if it does get built, it'll be impactful beyond measure for the area

You don't have to worry about losing these buildings, trust me. I live right by here and what's there now does not contribute much of anything to the street. The only functioning business is a daycare and people just drop off and pick up their kids through the back alley, never the front (the doors don't even open to the street). The old apartment building is condemned and is used by squatters. I'm not familiar with this developer, but judging by their website and seeming willingness to communicate with residents, I'm all for it. But of course it depends on how it ends up looking :)

Back