News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

I wonder if Edmonton-Tampa would be a contingency flight for all the delayed air traffic.
The Jetz planes fly all the Canadian teams. In years past, one plane would stick with the Oilers for at least a few weeks usually, but this year the operation is a bit tighter so you'll see a plane leave Edmonton after bringing the Oilers home and then go to Florida to get the Leafs, for example.

It's actually a pretty cool logistical operation Air Canada manages to pull off every year.

Got to fly a Jetz plane a few years back when it subbed on a YEG-YVR flight. It was a nice experience - everyone got business class! (which was nice because I was booked into a middle seat - I only wish I was flying farther that day)

With the arrival of the new year brings the official commencement of Myron Keehn’s tenure as CEO at Edmonton Airport Authority. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/edmo...2-rlez?utm_source=share&utm_medium=member_ios

We used to do some predictions for YEG for the year (I think on connect2Edmonton?) and I would like to do that for anyone interested. 3 questions. 1 - prediction for Total Terminal passengers for 2023
2 - One new route you think will be announced within 2023
3 - A wildcard prediction

I’ll go first:

1- 7.1 Million
2- MSP on Delta
3 - The new master plan will be released and show then old control/office tower will be demolished once Flair HQ moves out eventually.

Hey folks looking to get some advice here.

My girlfriend and I are seriously thinking of going to Europe this fall (likely November) and started to do some research into flights. Ideally, I would like to take KLM directly to Amsterdam so not to deal with any connections and to get there as soon as possible without delay. As well as to support YEG and this route. Prices are a bit steep so if anyone here has taken this route, how was the experience? Worth the extra pay? As well, since I haven't gone to Europe in many years, would it be worthwhile to wait a few months and keep an eye on prices?

Thanks all.

KLM regularly has seat sales in the $600-800 range and direct flights (especially on the way home) are most definitely worth a premium.

We just booked YYC-AMS in March for $634, but paid 300 more on the return to go direct.

Keep an eye out (sign up for notifications) at https://yegdeals.com

Back