News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton International Airport (EIA/YEG)

This is
With the weather and the loads, this is one reason I never do business travel the week before Christmas. Last week was pushing it.
This is really bad timing for a big winter storm to rock the lower mainland. YVR was 100% closed this morning to arrivals and departures. The WestJet Hawaii flights inbound to YVR had no choice but to divert. Air Canada is much better suited to recover from these kind of irrops situation because they have so many widebodies that can swoop in to run extra sections.

The KLM reduction appears to be in response to Condor's strong bookings, if I were to guess... but KLM has a better product and wrecks Condor in price on any head-to-head 2-stop itinerary I've tried to build. It's kinda weird.

Except for 3 of the 5 Canadian destinations have their frequencies unchanged, i.e. the majority. 2 of 5 is "all" when Edmonton is involved, I suppose.

It's 2 months... These are just seasonal adjustments, nothing to write home about. KLM has made similar changes to all their Canadian destinations.

Yeah, in the grand scheme of things this is pretty minor. Better to have 3 full planes vs 4 that aren't being filled I suppose.

Demand will probably pick up once tourist season gets going anyway.

What an unnecessary comment. Your doing a putdown - I imagine your your a jerk to friends and family.
The difference, which I thought was obvious, is the total number of transatlantic flights on offer from these cities. Any KLM reduction in this period represents a decrease in transatlantic travel options from YEG, where that is not the case for KLM's other Canadian destinations which all have a plethora of options on any given day.

Back