News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Terwillegar Drive Expansion

Would have been nice if they included that NB transit lane also.
I'm going to have to keep digging, because that's been messing with me for weeks now. I just don't get how the city can claim to be prepping for a rapid transit route when the infrastructure only goes one direction.

Can this be upgraded easily in the future to full freeway status? I am sure hoping so and perhaps the new City Council could take a fresh look at this and perhaps modify the plan to full freeway now?

Can this be upgraded easily in the future to full freeway status? I am sure hoping so and perhaps the new City Council could take a fresh look at this and perhaps modify the plan to full freeway now?
I don't think this is something that will ever happen, or at least in our lifetime. Converting it now would involve removing everything in place currently built.

On that note what I would like to see , and not impossible, would be a Transit priority road built in the middle of Terwillegar drive, separate from commuter traffic. This allows Terwillegar to expand more for cars while encouraging and not impacting Transit.

What will eventually become a freeway is Terwillegar/170st south of Henday.

I don't think this is something that will ever happen, or at least in our lifetime. Converting it now would involve removing everything in place currently built.

On that note what I would like to see , and not impossible, would be a Transit priority road built in the middle of Terwillegar drive, separate from commuter traffic. This allows Terwillegar to expand more for cars while encouraging and not impacting Transit.

What will eventually become a freeway is Terwillegar/170st south of Henday.
I'd like to see the LRT go off from south campus to 121st, down terwillegar, then terminus at windermere shopping center

I'd like to see the LRT go off from south campus to 121st, down terwillegar, then terminus at windermere shopping center
I actually wouldnt mind the Valley Line branching off at Mill Woods , going down 23rd ave with a connector at Century Park then all the way down Terwillegar to Windermere.

That route is more than capable of carrying a low floor LRT line also. I think it this would fit better with the numerous destinations along 23rd ave

I actually wouldnt mind the Valley Line branching off at Mill Woods , going down 23rd ave with a connector at Century Park then all the way down Terwillegar to Windermere.

That route is more than capable of carrying a low floor LRT line also. I think it this would fit better with the numerous destinations along 23rd ave

Extend the Metro Line by branching off from south Campus, going on Whitemud over the ravine, then going down Terwillegar drive to Windermere. Could be a useful extension of the LRT (not happening for like another 20 years at least tho haha)

The transit lane is being realigned (to give some people more backyard space?)

TTL.PNG

The transit lane is being realigned (to give some people more backyard space?)

View attachment 389268
It's not finalized yet if I understood the report correctly. It's coming before the Executive Committee on April 13th as something being considered, because concerns were raised about the amount of green space that would be taken over by the bus lane. This revised option would preserve more green space, but might require clearing more trees as well. The original option is on flatter land that doesn't require leveling, and it's cheaper as a result.
Screenshot_20220331-194315_Drive.jpg

Well, looks like the ramp redesign may be turfed. Spending a million bucks to give people more backyard space was a lousy idea to begin with, the project probably will have other cost concerns (from inflation if nothing else).

Also phase 3 plans are announced. Not a fan of split diamonds but the loop ramps should improve things somewhat.

Well, looks like the ramp redesign may be turfed. Spending a million bucks to give people more backyard space was a lousy idea to begin with, the project probably will have other cost concerns (from inflation if nothing else).

Also phase 3 plans are announced. Not a fan of split diamonds but the loop ramps should improve things somewhat.
35FD393A-CF36-4407-84C6-D1294CD7F3D4.jpeg

Back