News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

This is 99av and 151st. Really love some of these row houses. 4 units, each has a legal basement suite as well.

Of course the nimbys are losing their minds that more of these are being built. I think they're awesome though, especially with the future west lrt to have this density and rentals for singles. View attachment 333504
One good measure for a good project: NIMBYs are against it

Reference ID: Job No 401448951-002
Description: To construct exterior alterations to an existing Exhibition and Convention Facilities building (Edmonton Convention Centre).
Plan 8222789 Lot A
Applicant: DIALOG
Create Date: 7/5/2021 9:33:11 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 374547924-002
Description:To construct an Addition, to change the Use from General Retail Store to Automotive and Minor Recreation Vehicles Sales/Rentals and Health Services with accessory Professional, Financial and Office Support Services and to construct exterior and interior alterations (tenant improvement, parking reconfiguration and landscaping).
Plan 9220004 Blk 2 Lot 3
Applicant:HODGSON SCHILF EVANS ARCHITECTS
Create Date:2020/10/02
Neighbourgood:BELVEDERE
Issue Date:2020/11/18
Class Of Permit:Class B
Notification Start Date:2020/11/24
Notification End Date:2020/12/15

"...as well as increasing the height from 10 metres to 14.5 metres."

More details

Map

View attachment 312216
I was lucky enough to hit a red light here, so I took some pictures.
20210627_140555.jpg
20210627_140600.jpg20210627_140602.jpg

I just got off the phone with the realtor who's associated with this project. He told me that the building is in the middle of transitioning owners, and some work still needs to be done (underground work, landscaping, etc). The cannabis store, which is part of a new company and does not have AGLC licenses yet, is apparently due to start renovating their space next month. They, along with a liquor store, should open in around four months. A food store and a pizza and donair store have also leased spaces, and the realtor also has a letter of intent from a barber shop. All-in-all, it's not going to be anything groundbreaking or high-class for the area, but I'm thrilled that things are going ahead here. I was worried that it would remain stagnant for a while to come, and I'll take these businesses over an empty building that just deteriorates over time.
I spoke with another realtor from Sable who's involved in this project, because it has still been sitting stagnant. Turns out, Sable re-acquired it from the leaser around a month ago, and they're currently listing it for sale on Loopnet (which is why I could not find it on their website). This means that any businesses which were spoken for before are not in the works anymore, and the realtor does not know what will happen with the building once it is sold.

Some activity on Alberta Ave:

Permit Type
Major Development Permit
Permit Class
Class B
Permit Date
Jul 09, 2021
Status
Approved
Description of Development
To construct a General Retail Stores, Professional, Financial, and Office Support Services, Restaurant (37.1 sq.m. public space), and Specialty Food Services (37.1 sq.m. public space) building.
Address
9413 - 118 AVENUE NW

Permit Type
Major Development Permit
Permit Class
Class A
Permit Date
Jul 09, 2021
Status
Approved
Description of Development
To Demolish a Commercial Building
Address
9615 - 118 AVENUE NW

YES. I've been waiting for that building to go down for years now. It's been vacant for as long as I can remember

Back