News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Reference ID: Job No 401448951-002
Description: To construct exterior alterations to an existing Exhibition and Convention Facilities building (Edmonton Convention Centre).
Plan 8222789 Lot A
Applicant: DIALOG
Create Date: 7/5/2021 9:33:11 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

More details:
Reference Id:Job No 401448951-002
Description:To construct exterior alterations (renewal of the exterior plaza on top of the existing roof and renewal of the existing canopy structure facing Jasper Avenue) to an existing Exhibition and Convention Facilities building. (Edmonton Convention Centre)
9797 - JASPER AVENUE NW
Plan 8222789 Lot A
Applicant:DIALOG
Create Date:2021/07/05
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Address
11104 - 102 AVENUE NW
Description
To demolish a Veterinary Services building, and construct a Mixed Commercial Use building with Above-Ground Parkade (Main Floor - General Retail Stores and Specialty Food Services, Second Floor - Health Service).
Permit Status
In Progress

Address
11104 - 102 AVENUE NW
Description
To demolish a Veterinary Services building, and construct a Mixed Commercial Use building with Above-Ground Parkade (Main Floor - General Retail Stores and Specialty Food Services, Second Floor - Health Service).
Permit Status
In Progress
Any more details on this? Such a great location...would hate for it to be a brand new building that's short and ugly. Above ground parade scares me...
Screenshot_20210719-152051_Maps.jpg

Slightly less concerned about the parkade with Beljan developing this.

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 401626164-002
Description:To demolish a Veterinary Services building, and construct a Mixed Commercial Use building (Main Floor - General Retail Stores and Specialty Food Services, Second Floor - Health Service).
Plan B4 Blk 11 Lots 141-142
Applicant:BELJAN DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
Create Date:2021/07/06
Neighbourhood:OLIVER

Oh boy...

So, I kind of new that questionable building designs were coming with Regency being the developer, but if what they're showing in the news video is really what's planned then I'm just floored. the exterior looks almost exactly the same as 121 West, just on a smaller scale. Like, COME ON REGENCY AND DER, you guys really can't come up with something more appropriate for this smaller-scale neighborhood-oriented context?? (And just more appealing in general?) It looks quite cheap and I really hope they consider doing something better.

Oh boy...

So, I kind of new that questionable building designs were coming with Regency being the developer, but if what they're showing in the news video is really what's planned then I'm just floored. the exterior looks almost exactly the same as 121 West, just on a smaller scale. Like, COME ON REGENCY AND DER, you guys really can't come up with something more appropriate for this smaller-scale neighborhood-oriented context?? (And just more appealing in general?) It looks quite cheap and I really hope they consider doing something better.
It probably is cheap. It is a win-win for them.

Back