News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Yellowhead Trail Upgrades

Is the 127th St interchange juiced into the "Underpass" at 121st? Or are they 2 separate entities?

They aren't, Standard General was prime for the 156-St Alb Trail segment. There is still the 66th st YHT crossing as well to do which I believe goes to tender next year.

I do find it interesting that PCL seems to have little interest in any big $ private sector jobs around here and instead have been doing a lot of the more technically complex public sector work (Fort Road, Lewis Farms rec centre, Goldbar WWTP upgrades, Windemere fire station, this project).
It's like they're not interested in doing anything over 2-3 floors in height? Not like we have a ton of highrises under construction - check out the link below to see the abysmal number of projects EVEN under construction......nothing we all don't know already.

Is the 127th St interchange juiced into the "Underpass" at 121st? Or are they 2 separate entities?
If you mean contractor wise, the scope of this spread is St Albert Trail, otherwise @yeggator is correct

And ya, makes a guy wonder if perhaps PCL didn't do as well as they'd hoped on the ICE District towers and have decided to shift focus away from vertical tower jobs around here.

I can't help but find the 'visual screening along Beechmount Cemetery' hilarious. Is that for the benefit of its residents or the drivers on Yellowhead?

Huh? Nothing like attending a burial and having semi trucks flying past a few meters away. This is very needed.

These aren't described as crash barriers, they're 'visual screening'. If people are offended by the mere sight of cars driving by while putting their loved ones to rest, then this problem exists for every cemetery in the city. After all, the semis flying past are likely taking the same road that the funeral motorcade used to get there in the first place.

Why doesn’t the presser say anything as to “why” the lane changes? Are they scared to say it’s for a new “overpass

View attachment 519218

Looks like they're getting ready to shift the NB/SB lanes of 127 Street over
Capture.PNG

Not only did the YH get re-aligned, along with every single warehouse for 6-7 blocks get/getting demolished but now the Caisson driller is on site.....once this thing got going it's been moving real fast.....impressed.

Just realized why the wide swath of demolition on the North side - this interchange is going to be 14 lanes wide with 2 re-vamped service roads plus double retaining wall on both sides of the overpass......really looking forward to seeing this thing progress. Too bad they couldn't coincide the new "121st underpass," at the same time. I'm afraid the "10 year plan will be pushed to 14 yrs +." They haven't even completed the design plans for the new 66st. "partial interchange." Be 2+ yrs before they start it + 4 yrs of construction.....

Just realized why the wide swath of demolition on the North side - this interchange is going to be 14 lanes wide with 2 re-vamped service roads plus double retaining wall on both sides of the overpass......really looking forward to seeing this thing progress. Too bad they couldn't coincide the new "121st underpass," at the same time. I'm afraid the "10 year plan will be pushed to 14 yrs +." They haven't even completed the design plans for the new 66st. "partial interchange." Be 2+ yrs before they start it + 4 yrs of construction.....
The new 121/107 ST overpass will start with piling work in the new year. I imagine it will be completed before 127 ST.

Back