News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Yellowhead Trail Upgrades

The new 121/107 ST overpass will start with piling work in the new year. I imagine it will be completed before 127 ST.

1703181502921.png

Hmmm, they changed the 115 th St interchange again. The last iteration had Yellowhead going over and 115th staying at ground level.

Hmmm, they changed the 115 th St interchange again. The last iteration had Yellowhead going over and 115th staying at ground level.

I'm certain that is still the case.

The only change made is the intersection name from 115 Street to 121 Street. I want that intersection and the road name changed to Blatchford Trail (or something like that) which makes way more sense.

1703200408387.png

Just realized why the wide swath of demolition on the North side - this interchange is going to be 14 lanes wide with 2 re-vamped service roads plus double retaining wall on both sides of the overpass......really looking forward to seeing this thing progress. Too bad they couldn't coincide the new "121st underpass," at the same time. I'm afraid the "10 year plan will be pushed to 14 yrs +." They haven't even completed the design plans for the new 66st. "partial interchange." Be 2+ yrs before they start it + 4 yrs of construction.....

Good Lord, 14 lanes.... I guess it's the equivalent of Whitemud at Gateway though.

Is the industrial area west of 115 St interchange going to be proposed concrete? Seriously?
Why not just transform it into park space?
The city planners must be smoking something funky.

1703385766283.png

No you're just reading the drawing wrong. The concrete is shown between the lanes on YHT and at the intersections.

There are other accesses to Fort Road and 66 Street

Access is fine for people north of Yellowhead, but not south (Montrose).

In particular, people on EB Yellowhead wanting to exit to 66 St have no good options - they have to exit at WGD and either go up Fort Road or down to 111 Ave, neither of which is ideal. At least with WB there's the RIRO at 125 Ave.

Hopefully the City has it in their back pocket as a long term option, because it looks like just a few properties between the LRT and 66 St that would be affected.

Back