News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Yellowhead Trail Upgrades

I'd be very curious to know where you learned that. It would be shocking to see such a design change now, right as they're about to start construction on that segment.
I get where you're coming from. I can't say more yet. Design on that section was not construction-ready before the change in plans.

How will 107 Street line up? The old runway at City Centre Airport is higher than the Yellowhead next to the Calder/Walker Yards.

my understanding is that 107 will stay level and the rise will start immediately beyond that, to go over 121 etc. I'm hearing through a friend, and they are focused on how 121 and 127 will work moreso than 107, so i'm guessing that's where the rise will be focused.

Does anyone know what will happen with Northgate Industries? They've been hogging up the land east of the Yellowhead/121 St intersection for many years now.

1675390141918.png

Saw on Linkedin recently that Northgate is moving all operations to their Acheson facility.

Also, there's Westwood Fleet Services on the SW corner of Yellowhead and 107 St.

Does anyone know what will happen with Northgate Industries? They've been hogging up the land east of the Yellowhead/121 St intersection for many years now.
most of the plan iterations made publicly available show their entire site being turned into a Parclo-esque interchange.
this building is also one of the last WWII-era hangars left of the airfield; unique in it's design and the only one still in use as a place of business (as opposed to a museum or mothballed). If I recall correctly, it was used as a factory making plane parts in the 40's-50's.

Back