News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Yellowhead Trail Upgrades

Alas, another year goes by with NO actual overpass construction either on HERE, 127 or Fort. Road.
I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Major construction is starting this year on the middle section, as per the city’s website. They’ll be building the bypass roads at 127 Street and they’re going to start piling for the overpass at 121 St.

And Fort Rd is already a whole year into major construction, I believe it’s going to be mostly complete this fall.

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Major construction is starting this year on the middle section, as per the city’s website. They’ll be building the bypass roads at 127 Street and they’re going to start piling for the overpass at 121 St.

And Fort Rd is already a whole year into major construction, I believe it’s going to be mostly complete this fall.
Sorry meant to say - 66st - Not Ft.Road - still years away from construction - haven't even done the public consultations. Yes - 121st and 127st - Prem works only - drainage etc. for 2023. So out of only 3 new interchanges - ZERO of them have actually started construction after what - 4 yrs of construction? Just saying........

Sorry meant to say - 66st - Not Ft.Road - still years away from construction - haven't even done the public consultations. Yes - 121st and 127st - Prem works only - drainage etc. for 2023. So out of only 3 new interchanges - ZERO of them have actually started construction after what - 4 yrs of construction? Just saying........
Just saying what exactly, as everything is still on schedule as per the schedule released upon commencement of the project.

Fort Road section will be completed this year along with St. Albert Trail to 156 St.. Central section begins construction in 2024. 66 St. begins construction in 2025.

Yellowhead Trail: St. Albert Trail to 97 Street (Preliminary Design Survey) — The City of Edmonton is seeking residents’ views on its preliminary design for a section of the ongoing Yellowhead Trail Freeway Conversion project between St. Albert Trail and 97 Street. It is also seeking input to help prepare for construction. This particularly affects the neighbourhoods of Sherbrooke, Prince Charles, and Dovercourt. Responses are due by June 21.

Underpass section of Fort road.
I was in the area this afternoon (unfortunately) what a painfully rerouted traffic jam.
Look forward to the opening.
DSCN2648~2.JPG
DSCN2649~2.JPG

Alright, I was browsing Google Maps when I noticed quite the funny thing: there's a sidewalk next to the eastbound lanes of Yellowhead Trail under the Capital Line. Looks like they plan to remove it to make space for a longer merging ramp during the 66th Street Overpass construction, while omitting a shoulder under the rail overpass. Hopefully, it's enough for drivers to accelerate to 80 km/h and safely merge.
1689039406381.png
1689039406381.png

I drove by Fort Road, and they were taking apart the south CN detour. Looks like the new bridge is largely done.

I was also on Fort Road this afternoon and I was wondering what was happening with the CN detour. Any chance this construction will be completed ahead of schedule?

Back