News   Apr 02, 2020
 8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Yellowhead Trail Upgrades

Capture.PNG

Now they start at 127st?

Capture.PNG

That spray on grass seed looks fresh....

Am I only one who wishes the city had a full time truck/crew doing this all over the city every summer? Especially on the WM and the YH or anywhere there are tons of dead patches along the roads or intersections. Like in this picture.
Capture.PNG

View attachment 514675

That spray on grass seed looks fresh....

Am I only one who wishes the city had a full time truck/crew doing this all over the city every summer? Especially on the WM and the YH or anywhere there are tons of dead patches along the roads or intersections. Like in this picture. View attachment 514676
That doesn't really address the root cause of why the turf is dead in those spots though and the turf will only continue to die. Pour drainage, street sweepings, and road salt are hard on turf.

That doesn't really address the root cause of why the turf is dead in those spots though and the turf will only continue to die. Pour drainage, street sweepings, and road salt are hard on turf.
That’s true. But also, as you let grass die and dirt/puddles grow, it only worsens. If you keep up with grass maintenance, it won’t thrive ever in some places, but it’ll stay thick enough to not become the dirt puddles we see in some places.

Interesting I have them on one of our projects, I will dig into this.

Update; Rumour is true, They are doing a controlled shut down from what I've been told. Closing in the new year.

Last edited:
Alright guys, having driven by the construction on Yellowhead Trail between 156th Street and St. Albert Trail, I must say that with all the work they still need to do, I have ZERO confidence that they'll finish this section by the end of this year's construction season like they said they would. Anyone have the inside scoop in what the timeline is looking like?
It seems like the eastbound C/D lanes' base pavement and curbs are in, plus traffic lights are up at 142 St. They could open it for the winter and continue finishing works in the new year.

It seems like the eastbound C/D lanes' base pavement and curbs are in, plus traffic lights are up at 142 St. They could open it for the winter and continue finishing works in the new year.

Traffic lights? Seriously? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of a freeway conversion?

Back