News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Yellowhead Trail Upgrades

So the residents were essentially in favour of killing any chance the area had at a resurgence. Lessons had here.

I saw the Global News helicopter fly over Yellowhead west of St. Albert Trail. Some of the curbs on the side roads of Yellowhead have been poured.

I remember when they proposed making Fort Rd a six-lane stroad through there my dad saying at the time "who wants to live next to a six-lane highway?"

In retrospect, I guess he was right.
I think the sad thing is there has to be community support for community revitalization.

No offense to Ray, or the other business owners in the area, but widening Fort Road will only harm the future business.

I don't go to restaurants next to freeways anymore, and I know many others do this less consciously than myself. I wish these areas would stop supporting their own punishment like the Fort Road businesses historically have.

All Transit BBQ has ever done is complain, ever since their inception. No idea how this place hasn't gone under yet.

1696483062787.png

No offense to Ray, or the other business owners in the area, but widening Fort Road will only harm the future business.

I don't go to restaurants next to freeways anymore, and I know many others do this less consciously than myself. I wish these areas would stop supporting their own punishment like the Fort Road businesses historically have.

I was reading about businesses in one city, but I can't remember which one, but they were upset with the city for making additional pedestrian only areas because it was an unfair advantage for those shops versus businesses along regular car traffic streets.

Alright guys, having driven by the construction on Yellowhead Trail between 156th Street and St. Albert Trail, I must say that with all the work they still need to do, I have ZERO confidence that they'll finish this section by the end of this year's construction season like they said they would. Anyone have the inside scoop in what the timeline is looking like?

The Radisson (I believe) hotel is gone, area between 142 st and 149st has changed a lot. Interesting if any new developments would come out after those service roads are finished otherwise it will look a bit empty/flat on that stretch.
PXL_20231020_202532727.jpg

PXL_20231020_202521079.jpg

The Radisson hotel? Hmmm.....I know of the Nova on St.Albert Tr, the long defunct Yellowhead Inn and Fort Road Motor Inn's. Not sure if I know of a Radisson along the 'Head.

Here's more wrecking ball stuff too:
Capture.PNG

The destruction of warehouses around 127st is for the new overpass I would guess. As seen in this pic.

Last edited:

Back