News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Weather or not

Carvel is back!

1643216694659.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 9.03.54 AM.png

Edmonton bounces to the top again followed by Vancouver then Toronto and Winnipeg (tied) -- Ottawa is dead last.

Screen Shot 2022-01-27 at 7.06.59 AM.png

I think this good-weather streak for Edmonton is tied to the recent Oilers performance. Goil! Edmonton wins, Vancouver second,Ottawa third and Winnipeg and Toronto tied for last.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 8.04.19 AM.png

Out of town yesterday but here is the recap -- Edmonton Wins, Toronto and Ottawa tied for second and Vancouver and Winnipeg are jointly "also rans"

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 5.26.30 PM.png

Chilly Ottawa for the win followed by windy Toronto for 2nd, Edmonton and Vancouver tied for third and Winnipeg dead last.

Screen Shot 2022-01-30 at 7.18.12 PM.png

Edmonton bottoms out, Vancouver and Toronto tie for the lead with Ottawa coming in third and Winnipeg fourth.

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 8.14.45 AM.png

Just like a rubber ball Edmonton is back on top tied with Vancouver; Toronto and Ottawa are tied for third and Winnipeg is Dead Last.

^

i think you might want to revisit your rankings for today's result.

i'm pretty sure vancouver should be at the top and edmonton should be nowhere close, never mind tied for top.

i still think humidity and precipitation shouldn't be getting equal ranking as they're double counting a correlated comfort component in your blended score.

^^^^ I disagree Ken -- high humidity affects the comfort level regardless of precipitation. Precipitation comes about based on dew point. I know the ranking system is not perfect but...

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 2.28.51 PM.png

Winnipeg takes the lead over Edmonton and Ottawa (tied for second). Toronto comes in fourth and Vancouver is dead last.

^^^^ I disagree Ken -- high humidity affects the comfort level regardless of precipitation. Precipitation comes about based on dew point. I know the ranking system is not perfect but...
higher humidity will affect the comfort level regardless of precipitation but i think that’s only true within a relatively narrow temperature band. 90% humidity at -20 is much different than 90% humidity at +20. that’s why it’s typically referenced as relative humidity and your scoring it as if it’s an absolute condition, not a relative one.

and yes, precipitation will reflect the dew point but the dew point is directly correlated to temperature so as a measure here precipitation can remain an absolute because it’s occurrence is relative.

Screen Shot 2022-02-02 at 9.04.37 AM.png

Edmonton, Vancouver and Ottawa all tied for first -- then Winnipeg and Toronto is dead last.

Last edited:
Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 10.23.25 AM.png

Ottawa remains in first with Winnipeg and Toronto tied for second. Edmonton and Vancouver tie for fourth place.

Back