News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

U of A real estate

but since they went south I have not been to a single VB, BB or FB game and have little interest in hoping on the LRT to go to the middle of a field
And I bet they sorely miss you and why do you hope LRT is going to go to the middle of a field? 🕵️‍♂️

“…since they went south I have not been to a single VB, BB or FB game game and have little interest in hoping on the LRT to go to the middle of a field for sports when both used to be highly walkable, enjoyable experiences on a more densely planned campus and nearby food/bev options. I relish many games where you would meet friends in Rez or meet on campus and walk over”

and, to be fair, you’re conflating a host of things here noting (a) they didn’t move as far south as you did and (b) from your condo here it’s hopping on the very same lrt.

and, to be fair, it’s been what, two decades since you graduated? expecting the on campus experience to be the same now or two decades from now is a pretty parochial view. with south campus and the west 240 coming on stream, that middle of a field is destined to be in the middle of a more densely planned campus offering all of the things you note aren’t there yet.

Point being that the experience on main campus is VERY different than south; akin to going to Whyte Avenue versus South Edmonton Common for your Saturday needs.

Twenty years yes, but I regularly attend Bears hockey and used to attend many other offerings as well.

But hey, it's easy to drive to, quick to get back home and who cares about a more beautiful, campus, urban experience right?

But hey, it's easy to drive to, quick to get back home and who cares about a more beautiful, campus, urban experience right?
so who exactly said that so that you think it needs refitting???

or do you know something we don’t that will preclude south campus and the west 240 from offering a more beautiful, campus, urban experience???

and why would you imply that north campus isn’t also easy to drive to, quick to get back home or that that’s always a negative???

nice straw man argument. :(

EPCOR has been in the dead centre of the future 240 with a drill unit and a crane. Wonder if the U is getting ready with underground services?

128047355_10158630195189484_6518292514461373816_n.jpg

Yesterday I walked through Calgary's evolving University District and was thoroughly impressed with the design, material choices/quality, human scale and overall buildout.

Here's hoping we see stuff like this on South Campus/West 240... let alone Blatchford or Expo.

NoSelection_Map.jpg

Yesterday I walked through Calgary's evolving University District and was thoroughly impressed with the design, material choices/quality, human scale and overall buildout.

Here's hoping we see stuff like this on South Campus/West 240... let alone Blatchford or Expo.

NoSelection_Map.jpg

Some nice density there and buildings look good - is that all built out now? I didn't see anything on the map - is there lrt there?

No LRT, but I am guessing regular buses to University Station which is ~1.7km east.

It's only a few larger multi-fam buildings in, some townhouses, with a few more U/C.

This is a year or more out of date.
Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 2.40.22 PM.png

I believe there's a dedicated thread for this, but I can't find it sorry. If someone can move this there, that'd be great!

Public engagement looks to be starting for the UofA 240 West land near south campus. Exciting to see the timeline basically run till the end of the summer, then things can get moving. Always frustrating to see the City need 8-18 months for public engagement all the time. Hopefully the build out of this can begin in the next few years!

Back