The Parks | 146.91m | 45s | 35s | 13s | Pangman | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Bingo. Really limits the % of glazing on new builds in our climate.
interesting, I have so many questions... that's only if the building wants to be certified? who determines that? the city? what about other buildings like Eleanor tower, or the View? those seem to have a good portion of glazing.

The feds establish the National Building Code------->province then sets or 'adopts' the Alberta Building Code.

Depends on your modelling, material use, overall building performance and design.

^^^don't be too quick, maybe they just haven't punched through the insulating barrier yet. I understand the lack of windows below as that will be covered by the tall podium. Then again, maybe they are cutting back on glazing. We'll know in a couple of days.

The feds establish the National Building Code------->province then sets or 'adopts' the Alberta Building Code.

Depends on your modelling, material use, overall building performance and design.

Used to be called that - we now have the National Building Code - Alberta Edition which includes provincial specific amendments/additions to the NBC.

I would say our family-friendly structural engineer with mandated column placement and design was wholly responsible for the change in window design. The architects (professionally adaptable) then wanting to have an eye-pleasing grouping of windows reduced the number from five to three in that particular instance and it will continue on up the structure on that particular elevation. I highly doubt that it had anything at all to do with the Building Code, National or Provincial. The Provincial Code cannot/does not impact the mandates contained in the National Code only adjusting them in a more restrictive manner for local (Provincial) conditions.l

Working on 22nd floor and raising the crane this weekend.
IMG_2591.jpeg
IMG_2590.jpeg

Back