What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interesting little jog there...
img_2304-jpeg.495078

Based on some of the recent photos, how are they building that 13 story link? They already have the building up to the ~7th floor already. You can see the shape of the building and balcony "cut-outs" on the south facing side where there's supposed to be the link.

1690342214774.png

I believe the link is paced away from the low-rise building -- a bit of optical confusion because the front facades do not line up.

Based on some of the recent photos, how are they building that 13 story link? They already have the building up to the ~7th floor already. You can see the shape of the building and balcony "cut-outs" on the south facing side where there's supposed to be the link.

View attachment 495087

I still need to get a photo of it, but under the podium roof on the south end of this phase are some pretty hefty-looking load transfer structures. I'm guessing once the podium of the south building is built, the midrise will be built literally sitting on top of both.

In my humble opinion this is by far the most exciting project to happen to downtown in the last 20 years. Between this and Warehouse Park these two blocks are going to be completely transformed and I suspect generate lots of new investment in the area over the course of the next ten years. I am much more excited about this project than Station Lands.

In my humble opinion this is by far the most exciting project to happen to downtown in the last 20 years. Between this and Warehouse Park these two blocks are going to be completely transformed and I suspect generate lots of new investment in the area over the course of the next ten years. I am much more excited about this project than Station Lands.
Exciting maybe significant not so much. Stationlands along with Ice district 2 will have the potential to transform people’s perception of downtown.

Exciting maybe significant not so much. Stationlands along with Ice district 2 will have the potential to transform people’s perception of downtown.
I am not convinced Station Lands will have any transformative impact on downtown. As of right now I know which one of the two areas I would rather live for a variety of reasons. Time will tell I suppose.

Last edited:
It is not for everyone, but there will be the possibility to live here for those that want to and the potential for more development in the future, which will be more transformative.

I still need to get a photo of it, but under the podium roof on the south end of this phase are some pretty hefty-looking load transfer structures. I'm guessing once the podium of the south building is built, the midrise will be built literally sitting on top of both.

PXL_20230726_183635118.MP.jpg
PXL_20230726_183659771.MP.jpg

Hmmmmm.....I just read the sign - 2 banks and ICI financing company are the money people behind this....that's a lot of bankroll.......so maybe they won't be scared to start the other tower before too long?

I am not convinced Station Lands will have any transformative impact on downtown. As of right now I know which one of the two areas I would rather live for a variety of reasons. Time will tell I suppose.
They both will play equally in optics for the core.

Back