What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The Toronto twin
2CF04DE4-709A-4A7F-9E9A-7A9417C83E86.jpeg

With that pic, there are a fair amount of mature trees in the parking lot where the park will be. I wonder if any effort will be made to keep some or all.
I sure hope so. I hope the city plants a variety of tree ages in this park. I'm getting sick of new areas with tiny trees. Trees aren't something to cheap out on. The downtown core really needs more trees in general.

I sure hope so. I hope the city plants a variety of tree ages in this park. I'm getting sick of new areas with tiny trees. Trees aren't something to cheap out on. The downtown core really needs more trees in general.
It would be a waste not too and a financial save it they're astute while crafty with a design that will accommodate those trees.

They really are adding a ton of trees to the area. If they absolutely need to chop some down, it won't be a tragedy. I'll walk it down after breakfast and see if the existing trees line up with the tree plan.

Update: Just walked it down. I think virtually every tree is scheduled for replacement.

The trees along Audrey's Books aren't really something worth keeping, and the ones chosen will work better for the space. I'd like to note that most of these tree have had countless limbs taken off them due to the proximity to parked cars and the narrow sidewalk (see photo). I understand an approach that leans on replacing every tree.
PXL_20230819_171348354.MP.jpg

Last edited:

Back