News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

SkyriseEdmonton (Site & Forum Discussions and Issues)

I joined Skyrise and C2E at the same time to see what site would be more useful for work and quickly found out the differences between the two sites. I love how we can have conversations without and fighting with other forum members here.
I remember my first post here and being welcomed by both @Daveography and @archited and having them reply in both a positive and helpful manner. On the other hand I remember my first post on C2E with belittling and negative comments. I applaud Skyrise cities and all of the positive, constructive and polite human beings. I give mad props to Richard and how he has been trying to make C2E a great place and hopefully he can save the archives.

Pretty much my thoughts for the most part. I joined that site in 2008. It was a great place, at the time, for someone like myself who had an interest in architecture & development but no education or experience in either. To this day I still don't have any of that, but the users on C2E, and now Skyisecities, have taught me a lot over the years. I'm grateful for C2E, but in recent years it became a pissing contest for many, which ultimately drove me to abandon it. This forum is much more positive and supportive, which is much less intimidating for a casual architecture & development nerd like myself

Last edited:
I posted about this a while ago, and I'm not sure if this is the right place to make suggestions for the site and if it isn't please direct me in the right direction.

I believe that, if possible, a "thinking reaction" like this: 🤔 should be available along with the other existing reactions you can use for posts on the forum. It's not a very serious request or anything, but I personally have found many instances in discussions where a message reaction like that would make total sense and be appropriate. For example, when vague information about a development is posted it makes sense or if someone says or posts something that doesn't totally make sense it also works imo.

Is @Daveography alive? I know he said he was dealing with some personal stuff that has left him without the time/energy to devote to this place, but it's surprising to see he hasn't even so much as logged in for six consecutive months.

Is @Daveography alive? I know he said he was dealing with some personal stuff that has left him without the time/energy to devote to this place, but it's surprising to see he hasn't even so much as logged in for six consecutive months.
There's many reasons why someone could lose the motivation/interest to keep up with this site, whether it be external or internal, but either way Dave was a very nice guy whos insight and posts were very welcome. I hope that, if he still sees notifications and/or has an alt that he uses to keep up with things he'll pop back in even just to say hi for a sec! If you're reading this Dave, we miss you and hope you're doing well!! 😄

I just genuinely wonder if he's doing well. Dave was always a positive presence and a really nice guy.
I really hope all is good with him and his family.

I reached out to him in August, and he said he's doing good. He stopped visiting here because he's trying to reconcile with the negative impacts of real estate's colonial and capitalistic nature. However, he's still doing things behind the scenes for the city, and said that he might try to come back here eventually; he's just not quite there yet.

In the meantime, I should be given database-editing permissions soon, and at that point I'll make a thread in this subforum where people can post the latest status of any given project that needs to be updated. That way, I won't need to dig through all the threads which saw activity since he left to try and find their latest status.

Last edited:
I reached out to him in August, and he said he's doing good. He stopped visiting here because he's trying to reconcile with the negative impacts of real estate's colonial and capitalistic nature. However, he's still doing things behind the scenes for the city, and said that he might try to come back here eventually; he's just not quite there yet.

In the meantime, I should be given database-editing permissions soon, and at that point I'll make a thread in this subforum where people can post the latest status of any given project that needs to be updated. That way, I won't need to dig through all the threads which saw activity since he left to try and find their latest status.
Right on. Good to hear he's doing good!

Great to know that Daveography will be back, thanks for checking up on him.
I had this fear that he wasn't coming back at all due this forum slowly transforming into Connect2Edmonton version 2.

Back