News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

SkyriseEdmonton (Site & Forum Discussions and Issues)

Just wanted to share with everyone a bit of news: I've taken on the role of Editor for SkyriseEdmonton, starting today. I'll be taking care of the daily photos, news roundups, and daily articles going forward, in addition to my usual forum activities. I'll also be working to bring and keep the project database up-to-date.

More importantly, though, I wanted to take a moment to thank @adrian.gamble for his hard work as Managing Editor for SkyriseVancouver, SkyriseCalgary, and SkyriseEdmonton. I'll miss his subtle humour and various puns in the daily articles. Those are big shoes to fill. I wish Adrian all the best in whatever the future brings!

ETA: I should also add a congratulations to @Surrealplaces, the new SkyriseCalgary Editor!

Last edited:
FYI I've spent a lot of time over the last few weeks updating the project Database with missing projects, fixing inaccurate locations, updating statuses, images, etc. Be sure the explore the Map a bit!

(Updates are ongoing so check back later too)

Hi @Daveography I hope the front page news can start up again soon! I’ve felt empty inside since it was discontinued. Please ?

Not sure where things are at with HQ right now, but am certainly hoping things turn around soon.

Found this amusing post on another RE&D forum...

1593195257442.png

If the poster is a member here, hello and thank you! 😁

This will probably be very Toronto-focused, but @Edward Skira is doing a free webinar tomorrow at 9am MDT about the history of UrbanToronto (which of course branched out into this site and others under the SkyriseCities banner). Should be interesting!

Looks like Connect2Edmonton is shutting down.

C2E Letter.png

I'm not a fan of what the site became, but I remember how influential it was in its early days, and was proud to have been part of that and the positive changes it affected in Edmonton.

Mad props and respect to you, Richard, for having kept it going for 17 years, and for all you continue to do for our city.

Last edited:
I agree Dave. I enjoyed C2E when I first moved to Edmonton.

What eventually made me leave was the lack of moderation and that was a few years ago when there were still a few mods - problem is that you would report something and it wasn't dealt with for a month or two, if at all. As someone that used to run a few forums, moderation is essential, especially in an anonymous environment.

Hopefully Richard archives the information somehow, there is a lot of history if you go back 5-10 years and further to when it started.

I joined Skyrise and C2E at the same time to see what site would be more useful for work and quickly found out the differences between the two sites. I love how we can have conversations without and fighting with other forum members here.
I remember my first post here and being welcomed by both @Daveography and @archited and having them reply in both a positive and helpful manner. On the other hand I remember my first post on C2E with belittling and negative comments. I applaud Skyrise cities and all of the positive, constructive and polite human beings. I give mad props to Richard and how he has been trying to make C2E a great place and hopefully he can save the archives.

Last edited:
Shameless self-plug, but I've started a bit of an experiment of a Facebook page to help promote good developments and help guide communities in understanding some of the changes happening in our city and how to respond to them constructively. Would appreciate a like and some shares (if you're on FB of course).

Back