News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.2K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.4K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.5K     0 

Rossdale

I completed the online survey after I noted the changes and shared my concerns, one of which was turning 99th Avenue East of Bellamy Road into a 1-way Westbound (instead of 2-way up to Renaissance Place) shown on a map diagram. That means people living at Edmonton House, Renaissance Place and the other apartments or anyone working or staying at the Chateau Lacombe would no longer have access to the alley behind these properties if driving up Bellamy Hill unless they continue to drive up to Jasper Avenue at 101Street, turn right and proceed east on Jasper to 100th and turn right and then go down McDougall Hill and then turn right behind the Chateau Lacombe or drive in front of Renaissance Place and then turning right and enter the alley. Not only will it add 3 sets of busy downtown stop lights but at least 10 minutes to their drive time. This change also increases traffic on Jasper between 101 Street east to 100th and down the McDougall Hill. There will also be added traffic in front of Renaissance Place - where there is only one traffic lane now with parallel and angle parking on either side, not to mention the clusterfrick that would happen in the alley with only one route of access for 2-way traffic where it is a narrow back alley.

My other concern had to do with the reduction of traffic lanes in Rossdale to River Road.

I tuned into the webinar tonight along with over 30 other folks, including City Councillor Anne Stevenson.

The proposed 102 St south of 97 Ave is in place due to upcoming developments with the RE/MAX Field parking lot, so I'm OK with that.
There are no plans for 99 Ave but maybe more persuasion is needed.
There were discussions around how the Touch The Water project, the gondola and the Ortona ties into all this. If there was more time, I would have asked about how the proposed national urban park designation fits in.

Overall, I am very pleased with the presentation.

6Wzo2Lr.png

o5rizS7.png

Anyone else attending?
I forgot to attend (thanks for the summary), but I did do the survey. It looks like a nice plan overall, I'm just a bit nervous that they only mark one specific bike lane, with the rest of the bike/active transportation infrastructure being marked with much vaguer language. So I made sure to comment about the importance of bike lanes, and also asked that widen both sidewalks along 97 Ave, rather than just the south one like they currently say they plan to.

Back