News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Regional Transit

My lame brain could only cook up METS (Metro Edmonton Transit System). I actually really like GET though. the G would look great with a revived pacman logo! 😁 "Gonna git goin' with GET!' (best read ina cowboy accent). I'll stop now.
Watching the the drama around naming this system unfold will be entertaining. I just hope they include some kind of actual place name, even just 'Capital'. So glad to see this approved!

My lame brain could only cook up METS (Metro Edmonton Transit System). I actually really like GET though. the G would look great with a revived pacman logo! 😁 "Gonna git goin' with GET!' (best read ina cowboy accent). I'll stop now.
Watching the the drama around naming this system unfold will be entertaining. I just hope they include some kind of actual place name, even just 'Capital'. So glad to see this approved!
Capital Metro Transit System would be lovely.
But I'm with whoever mentioned the livery. I'd love to see a green/purple/light blue, ot even an orange/blue (at least EVERYONE will associate it with the Oilers).

I also thought of the idea GET, but add an s to the end to call it GETS. "GETS you to where you want to go" could be their slogan.
Greater Edmonton Transit System would work for that.

Though with GET I keep thinking "GET somewhere" or like. I think just GET is more flexible.
Get going, Get on the move. Get to work. Get your butt in our definitely clean seats.

I'd be fine with GET too, but I'd like it better if the letters are pronounced individually like "Gee-E-Tee" as opposed to "Get". Sounds like something my grandma would yell at the random cats who sleep on her deck chairs in the summer 😂

Having worked for Strathcona County government for several years, I always found it interesting how much of a dislike or distrust their was of Edmonton among several people there including some residents. I'm not saying that complaining or making fun of Edmonton was rampant, but it was not uncommon.

Last edited:

Back