Member Bio
Reaction score
Keep on truckin'...

CplKlinger

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Towards Climate solutions...
Speaking of renewables, I wonder if the current Russian invasion will light a fire under the feet of European leaders regarding the need to go green. They're trying to get away from Russian gas, so you think they'd want a way to generate their own energy instead of just becoming reliant on a different group of foreign powers.

archited

Member Bio
Reaction score
^^^^ Germany is leading the world in green energy production and is developing an excellent model for other countries to follow.

archited

Member Bio
Reaction score
More detail on the Feb. 25th post -- I reiterate -- this could be a great solution for highway 2 south from Edmonton -- solar panels covering the roadway. It would serve multiple purposes: 1. solar power generation (could also be combined with wind turbines), 2. Roadway weather protection thereby eliminating weather as a factor in driving, and 3. OLED illumination and signage information. If we really wanted to get creative, we could also add in an aerial rail conveyance.

Reactions: TAS

TAS

Member Bio
Reaction score
I really enjoy this YouTube site Climate Town.

Check out the episodes on fast fashion and suburbia - he is very entertaining in presenting his info, which is well researched.

With the Ukraine Crisis, there's a lot of talk that Canada should have built more pipelines or if only we had keystone XL etc. And the world needs Canada's oil. I prefer this take in the video below - it makes better sense to me.