News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Neighbourhood Renewal

The city is asking for feedback on a really interesting redesign of 36th St in Clareview. The project would see 36th go from four lanes to mostly 2 with a few areas where parking will be provided and a MUP on the east side of the road
The existing configuration is a two lane road. People treat it like a four lane road when it's not. The curb extensions are very much welcomed both from a pedestrian safety perspective and also to reinforce that it's a two lane road.

No dashed white line = not a travel lane. Same with 139 Ave from 36 to 40 St, Hermitage Road, 50 Street south of Yellowhead, etc.

The city is asking for feedback on a really interesting redesign of 36th St in Clareview. The project would see 36th go from four lanes to mostly 2 with a few areas where parking will be provided and a MUP on the east side of the road

The traffic circle at 139 avenue is a good idea. I like this redesign. More trees will help this stretch too

D4E84AF1-AE6D-4DFF-A0CA-3AAC8E8C5BDE.jpeg

Is this 2 lanes or 4?

If 2+ street parking, why wouldn’t they have curb bulbs for the crosswalk? Helps pedestrians a ton and slows cars turning.

There are curb extensions and bus bulges down the street. Not at every intersection but at least every second intersection.

There are curb extensions and currently cars parked along there are far enough back that it still feels quite open. I think the renewal was quite well done.

Curb extensions are great, I'd love to see the implementation of more raised crossings as well though. Slows vehicles down as they act sort of like a speed bump and also make the crossing feel more like part of the pedestrian realm than auto realm.

For the most part, I'm ok with them. But in my area I often have to turn right off a main road and onto a side street it is so tight now that I have to be very careful to not hit the car in the other lane and it seems there is almost a car in the other lane. And I am driving a smaller car, I wonder how bigger vehicles can even do it.

That intersection is fairly busy, already has crossing lights, and probably just needs regular lights instead to 'calm' the traffic rather than more concrete.

Driving down the street does feel weird but that's just some getting used to. I do like the streetlights how they have the lower lights on the sidewalk for pedestrians.

Back