News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.1K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Municipal Politics

^^^^ No, Ken, I am not representing it to any of the political competitors as anything but "interested and focused citizens" -- my positions on this post, otherwise, are fairly clear (I think). Anyway I am not going to even schedule it until we get to 15 in numbers -- right now, not including myself, we are at 8 -- so a little over half way there.
i hope i'm included in that 8 regardless of how things get structured as long as it/they doesn't/don't end up conflicting with something else in my calendar. :)

Actually Oshry was elected for his only 4 year term in 2013 - Mandel was gone then.
But, Oshry served under Iveson and Iveson mentored under Mandel so there's that.
I heard that Watson once met Mandel at a business mixer so she's covered, too.
Would be interesting to see who Mandel endorses.

Last edited:
Without lie or exaggeration, one of my business partners -- Sharon MacLean -- is best friends with Stephen Mandel's wife.

Actually Oshry was elected for his only 4 year term in 2013 - Mandel was gone then.
But, Oshry served under Iveson and Iveson mentored under Mandel so there's that.
I heard that Watson once met Mandel at a business mixer so she's covered, too.
Would be interesting to see who Mandel endorses.
you are correct... brain cramp on my part when remembering the last year of stephen’s terms as the last year he won election and then mentally adding three years. thanks for picking that up for me so i only looked silly for a little while. :)

Seems like we are not going to get past 9 interested souls for a zoomie with Kim Krushell, so I'll put that one on the shelf. I will also shortly be having another one-on-one with Amarjeet Sohi, likewise Cheryll Watson.

Oshry proposing free use of city rec centres for kids.
From article:
"Michael Oshry’s proposed policy pitches that city-owned recreation centres would be available at no cost from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. on school days. The proposal would also establish bus transportation from the 100 highest-need schools in the city to the closest facility."

I like it. More details here, including on funding and partnerships.

^^^^ I would categorize this as "Mangement-style" thinking, well below the kinds of things Mayors should be concerning themselves with. It is a good idea, just not the kind of great idea and outside-the-box thinking one would look for in a City progressive leader.

It is a good idea, just not the kind of great idea and outside-the-box thinking one would look for in a City progressive leader.

I will take every good idea that this city's leaders can generate. And I hope the successful candidate isn't afraid to advocate and implement good ideas from other candidates. To me, that alone, would be some outside-the-box thinking.

But I like that you've set the bar high for Krushell in particular- looking forward to when she decides to get her campaign going and hearing about her platform/solutions.

I can't say I'm at all surprised by this. I'll take anyone currently running over Nickel. He never seems to learn or just doesn't care. I've noticed he's been attacking Mr. Sohi on his social media accounts since he entered the race, probably because he knows Sohi is his biggest competitor/threat. He's definitely intimidated by him and will do whatever it takes to rub slander across his name.

Via his Twitter:

Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 7.51.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-12 at 7.51.32 PM.png

Back