News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Although it's not technically Edmonton but in our economic region. Coming back from Saskatoon yesterday, I noticed a very large Wind Farm Southeast of Manville and SW of Vermillion. I believe this is the largest wind farm that far north. Was not there 2 years -18 months ago when I last drove through.

Although it's not technically Edmonton but in our economic region. Coming back from Saskatoon yesterday, I noticed a very large Wind Farm Southeast of Manville and SW of Vermillion. I believe this is the largest wind farm that far north. Was not there 2 years -18 months ago when I last drove through.
34 turbine 152MW project that made first power in Feb last year.

34 turbine 152MW project that made first power in Feb last year.
Its quite impressive coming over the hill while heading to Lloyd. I just had never thought we would see one this far north. I know of the large solar farms NW of There on Frog Lake FN.

But if they have the wind farm there what's to stop others from building in the area, Other than the UCP.

IMG_1764.png

Just need to make a rant: is the City of Edmonton's snow removal plan for this winter to "let nature run it's course"?
I had to run errands and drive around pretty much all quadrants of the city today, and Even main arterial are being neglected.
Ellerslie Rd, 50 St, 23 Ave, 66/75 St, 97 St, 137 Ave, Victoria Tr... the list goes on. For crying out loud, this is an absolute embarrassment.

Just need to make a rant: is the City of Edmonton's snow removal plan for this winter to "let nature run it's course"?
I had to run errands and drive around pretty much all quadrants of the city today, and Even main arterial are being neglected.
Ellerslie Rd, 50 St, 23 Ave, 66/75 St, 97 St, 137 Ave, Victoria Tr... the list goes on. For crying out loud, this is an absolute embarrassment.
Yup! This is absolutely inexcusable how poor they've done after this snow removal. Pathetic is what it is.

Why they weren't out on Gateway/Calgary Trail late Sunday into the early hours of Monday morning clearing a MAJOR route just pisses me off.

It's the Southern Alberta approach to snow removal, wait for the chinook to do it!

On the positive side, this garbage winter should help the operating deficit significantly.

Back