News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

drove through the northside for the first time in forever, soooo much potential and charm in the north central, norwood blvd, alberta ave, 118th, Beverly. All diamonds in the rough, southside neighbourhoods would kill to have those kinds of high streets, but they face challenges that we don't in the south central. I can clearly see the city putting in effort in those areas, bike lanes, landscaping and street lighting but it will take something seriously major to kick it off.

drove through the northside for the first time in forever, soooo much potential and charm in the north central, norwood blvd, alberta ave, 118th, Beverly. All diamonds in the rough, southside neighbourhoods would kill to have those kinds of high streets, but they face challenges that we don't in the south central. I can clearly see the city putting in effort in those areas, bike lanes, landscaping and street lighting but it will take something seriously major to kick it off.
Don't forget 95th Street, yet another commercial street in the area (that, like the others, also had streetcar service back in the day).

118th ave has such great potential as a main street, and in many ways it's already there. The problem is I think the (real or perceived) sketchiness of the area discourages a lot of interaction originating from from beyond the immediate area, or if you're going to a specialized retail establishment (like say Myhre's Music).

118th ave has such great potential as a main street, and in many ways it's already there. The problem is I think the (real or perceived) sketchiness of the area discourages a lot of interaction originating from from beyond the immediate area, or if you're going to a specialized retail establishment (like say Myhre's Music).
I'd love to see a low floor LRT run from NAIT to Abbotsfield along 118. Maybe if getting across Blatchford it could run all the way to Westmount and the Telus world of science.

Roundhouse Park going to EDC this month - anyone have an idea what/where that might be? Old Strathcona/Ritchie?

IMG_7422.jpeg

Looks like they're adding a roof top patio to Anejo in the brewery District

Not much greenspace, is there?
DP for a small park at 105 St and 107 Ave:

Major Development Permit
In Progress
To develop and construct a new Public Park.
10425 - 107 AVENUE NW

View attachment 520907
DP for a small park at 105 St and 107 Ave:

Major Development Permit
In Progress
To develop and construct a new Public Park.
10425 - 107 AVENUE NW

View attachment 520907
This is amazing! There are so many “little” projects and developments around Edmonton that are changing our city into something so wonderful. While it’s good and important to remain constructive and critical, let’s remind ourselves of all the small wins we continue to achieve as we evolve into a big city that is truly diverse and something to be proud of.

Back