News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.5K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 8.2K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.7K     0 

Miscellaneous

Can someone on here who is a car racing geek shed some light on "what makes these storage condos - Indy-esque?"
Not enough information there, but my guess would be the ease of getting in and out of the storage unit, probably some sort of anti-dust seal in the doors, individually controlled temperature for each unit and the possibility of having mechanical shop equipment installed, if you want a place to work on cars, not just store them. (the apparently increase height in the render could indicate space for a lift, for example).

Other than that, racing car garages don't differ much from any other.

BP:

2023-11-03
Commercial Final
To construct 2 storey addition and complete interior/exterior alterations to an existing commercial building. - Claire Estates
10309 - 100 AVENUE NW

Screenshot 2023-11-05 at 8.05.34 AM.png

Anyone heard of this building?
Yup. An absolute gem. Can't remember where I read it but someone online had this cool blog where they bought one of the units there and did a pretty big reno that turned out very well.

South of Jasper Oliver has so many of my fav unique buildings in Edmonton. Grosvenor House, Lemarchand Mansion, Galleria, Ravine Mansion, Metropol, and whatever those brick townhouses are across from the Lutheran Church.

There's a very nice looking unit for sale in it right now

This has always been one of my favourite condo buildings in the city. I've never been inside, but have seen units for sale over the year. The innner courtyard looks very nice (but a tad dated now). A cool concept for a building here.

and whatever those brick townhouses are across from the Lutheran Church.

Those are also some of my favourites. Cool brick archways and huge trees in the front yard on a quiet street. This is my favourite area of Oliver to walk and bike through

This is my favourite area of Oliver to walk and bike through
Me too. Love that there have been some more food/drink options opening there with Stopgap and Leonards as well.

Do still wish the Alberta Gov't sold the Eric Cormack site. it's the one major sore thumb in the area.

Me too. Love that there have been some more food/drink options opening there with Stopgap and Leonards as well.

Do still wish the Alberta Gov't sold the Eric Cormack site. it's the one major sore thumb in the area.

What's the latest on this? Has it been taken off the market? At the very least the should look at repurposing the existing buildings there into a community hub of some sort. Maybe Mr. Dub wants to take on another old hospital project

What's the latest on this? Has it been taken off the market? At the very least the should look at repurposing the existing buildings there into a community hub of some sort. Maybe Mr. Dub wants to take on another old hospital project
Not totally sure. The gov't put it up for closed bidding last fall, extended the bid close date to February, but shortly after the close date they sent out emails saying the opportunity had been cancelled. Then in April they put up new "Alberta Government Property - No tresspassing/parking" signs and it's been crickets since.

I'm guessing they either had an internal "reserve" price they needed to initiate the sale that wasn't reached by any bids OR they had a change in mandate with the site. Or they decided to restructure the ministry and this was caught in the wake of that--was under the Seniors & Housing ministry portfolio at the time of auction, which since they've renamed for the millionth time to the ministry of Seniors, Communities & Social Services. Ironically, despite the nationwide housing crisis, Alberta doesn't even have a ministry with "housing" in the name anymore. Go figure.

Not totally sure. The gov't put it up for closed bidding last fall, extended the bid close date to February, but shortly after the close date they sent out emails saying the opportunity had been cancelled. Then in April they put up new "Alberta Government Property - No tresspassing/parking" signs and it's been crickets since.

I'm guessing they either had an internal "reserve" price they needed to initiate the sale that wasn't reached by any bids OR they had a change in mandate with the site. Or they decided to restructure the ministry and this was caught in the wake of that--was under the Seniors & Housing ministry portfolio at the time of auction, which since they've renamed for the millionth time to the ministry of Seniors, Communities & Social Services. Ironically, despite the nationwide housing crisis, Alberta doesn't even have a ministry with "housing" in the name anymore. Go figure.
Likely pushed off until after the election...I suspect we might see it back again now that the UCP is getting settled in.

Galleria = awesomeness in so many ways.

^ I was looking at a unit for sale in the Galleria last spring but was put off by the fact that they do not have a reserve fund. That's right, not a typo and told to me by the realtor who happens to also own a unit in the building. At some point the majority voted to dissolve the fund and go with special assessments as needed. Didn't think it was legal.

Back