7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.9K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

IMG_1567.png

3 large buildings out by the new Lewis rec Center

Would be an odd place for a tower, at least put them near St. Albert Trail or Downtown-ish.
I actually don't mind density there. There's already a lot of density in that area, so there is a critical mass for high frequency bus service. Also, I'm hoping that one day, if Edmonton ever gets a full-scale commuter/regional rail network, there could be a train station just south of this property on the CN line. :)

I actually don't mind density there. There's already a lot of density in that area, so there is a critical mass for high frequency bus service. Also, I'm hoping that one day, if Edmonton ever gets a full-scale commuter/regional rail network, there could be a train station just south of this property on the CN line. :)
Good point, I didn't think of the sites proximity to the CN line!

Would be an odd place for a tower, at least put them near St. Albert Trail or Downtown-ish.
There is a lot of Density being built up at that end. The new district of Cheroit is just to the west of Ray Gibbons. As well McKenney ave to the south has had a lot of density built up the last few years.

God I know that the “What We Heard” Report from the CoE about residential incentives mentioned the issues with downtown, but I can’t help but be optimistic that there’ll be some spillover in the future with this kind of activity.

Either way, Oliver continues to grow. Will be curious if Cidex does another rental project there as well.
Cidex's on 124st still has a snow ball's chance....are you hoping for a 2nd Cidex in the area?

Back