News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.4K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.8K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

124Street and 106 Ave by Beljan. Heard a rumor that transcend was taking a spot here.
20230713_102751.jpg
20230713_102435.jpg
20230713_103016.jpg

20230713_102621.jpg

I saw some heavy equipment and a whole bunch of churned earth at 10555 95 St this morning, next to the LRT. I wasn't able to stop and get a picture.

Was that the site of that mixed use building where they were wanting to put in a community hardware store? I forget what it was called so I couldn't find the thread if there was one. I know they had a bunch of community outreach a few years ago but then it fizzled out during the pandemic like so much else. Exciting to see some work here, hopefully they're moving forward?
10555 95 st.png

I would love love love to see that empty lot developed, anything close to the multi-story mixed use zone allowed is needed.
That's the lot across the street from the Green Onion cake store.
It is about time that this kind of zoning was allowed on Alberta Avenue -- if implemented this could herald in a whole new community life form for Alberta Avenue and other main streets in succession.

I saw some heavy equipment and a whole bunch of churned earth at 10555 95 St this morning, next to the LRT. I wasn't able to stop and get a picture.

Was that the site of that mixed use building where they were wanting to put in a community hardware store? I forget what it was called so I couldn't find the thread if there was one. I know they had a bunch of community outreach a few years ago but then it fizzled out during the pandemic like so much else. Exciting to see some work here, hopefully they're moving forward?
Not seeing any permits. More likely related to this road/landscaping work in McCauley:

Construction Update - June 2023

Renewal work in McCauley will start tentatively the week of June 12, weather permitting.

The planned scope for 2023 (areas outlined in scope maps below) will include:

• Sidewalk, curb and gutter reconstruction
  • Street light replacement
  • Roadway rehabilitation
  • Landscaping
  • Streetscape upgrade

Not seeing any permits. More likely related to this road/landscaping work in McCauley:

Construction Update - June 2023

Renewal work in McCauley will start tentatively the week of June 12, weather permitting.

The planned scope for 2023 (areas outlined in scope maps below) will include:

• Sidewalk, curb and gutter reconstruction
  • Street light replacement
  • Roadway rehabilitation
  • Landscaping
  • Streetscape upgrade
Oh yeah they might be using it as a staging area for the neighbourhood rehab. That didn't occur to me but it would make sense.
Bummer though

This could be such a great anchor (with expansion south) for a unique visitor area that pairs with the ballpark and Rossdale.

The Colombian is opening a new location just off 99th! Can’t wait to see what they do with this space. Excited to see this corner once Beljan finish what they have planned across the street with their Mill Creek West project as well!

89DB6CBB-1463-452F-865B-9B982724A111.jpeg

Last edited:
The Colombian is opening a new location just off 99th! Can’t wait to see what they do with this space. Excited to see this corner once Beljan finish what they have planned across the street with their Mill Creek West project as well!

View attachment 493184
Awfully close, but I guess a good area for lots of coffee shops!
DEC09F26-3A83-42EE-A019-E1F34E8B3A87.png

Back